TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: A few rules clarification from a Noob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-16-2012 10:27 PM)wisdomknight Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2012 10:22 PM)Leonard Wrote: [ -> ]Each individual zombie is considered a fight, so you can use multiple weapons during 1 fight, but some weapons may only be used once during a fight, it'll state this on the card.

And that includes unlimited unarmed attacks then?

Well there is only 1 fight round per zombie. An unarmed attack is you rolling die, without any weapons. If you had unlimited unarmed attacks, that would be like you re-rolling your die over and over!

After your initial die roll (unarmed attack), you can then decide to incorporate any weapon bonuses e.g. baseball bat.
(08-16-2012 10:31 PM)Ogthar Wrote: [ -> ]To be super clear though to kill a zombie the double doesn't have to be higher than their highest die. You have to have a higher number and have doubles, but not neccesaryily doubles higher than the Z.

For instance a fight could go as follows. . .

1) You roll and get a one and a two
2) The zombie rolls and gets a three
3) you decide to use your baseball bat and roll a one
4) you roll a break test and get a five, so your bat didn't break
5) you use your bat again and get a four
6) you roll a break test and get a one so your bat breaks and is discarded
7) the fight ends

in this case the hero wins the fight and the zombie is killed because the hero has doubles (ones) and a die higher than the zomnies (4>3), but the bat is lost.

(08-16-2012 10:27 PM)wisdomknight Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2012 10:22 PM)Leonard Wrote: [ -> ]Each individual zombie is considered a fight, so you can use multiple weapons during 1 fight, but some weapons may only be used once during a fight, it'll state this on the card.

And that includes unlimited unarmed attacks then?

I'm not sure what you mean here, everything is limited. You only get to fight each zombie in your space one time per turn if that is what you're saying.

lol, ok..Im getting more confused than I was Watchmen02

I sounded in your example like there was 3 attacks made by me (if separated by each break check) and the zombie only had 1 roll at the beinning. But then at the very end you said "one fight for each zombie per turn". Im so sorry, maybe this is something Ill never comprehend!
That was all one fight. You don't have to decide to use your hand weapons until after your dice are rolled, so you rolled your first two dice and the zombie rolled thiers (Steps 1 and 2)

You were beaten so you decided to use your hand weapon (step three) and saw if your bat broke (step four)

You wre still beaten and still had your bat so you used it again (step five) and saw if your bat broke when you used it again (step six)

you win the fight now, so the fight is over (the zombie player might play a card here though to keep it going)

So I think the confusion is what you're calling an attack. This was all one fight agains one zombie. In it you rolled four fight dice, your two initial and then you decided to use your bat to get an additional die two times. I guess it is possible with extremely good luck to infinately use bats to get more attack rolls, but eventually the bat will break.
Ok so the only reason I can attack more than once is because I was using the bat?

The hard part for me I guess is I come from a RPG background where comabt, rounds, turns have their own definition.
So yeah thats the part I dont understand.

I appreciate your help though.
That's right and you're welcome. I probably should have seperated examples with the bat stuff and killing zombies with doubles, but I tried to be clever.

Just so it isn't lost though if the hero rolls throughout the fight 1 1 4 and the zombie rolls a 3 the zombie is killed because you have doubles and a die higher than them.

1 1 2 vs a 3 does not kill a zombie, in fact you take a wound

1 2 5 vs a 3 does not kill a zombie, but does fend them off
Thanks so much to everyone, I think Im understanding.
Ashame the rules are so vague.
Im thinking they tried to not overwhelm people and keep it simple but sadly it only created a multitude of questions.
(08-16-2012 09:43 PM)wisdomknight Wrote: [ -> ]So if the Znombie rolls a 6 you might as well not even roll then? correct? And even if a zombie gets a 5 you need double 6's?

WOW I dont see how the Heroes can ever win!?

Hey wisdomknight, I think the other guys are doing a fine job of giving examples of what constitutes a fight vs. a whole turn which could include several fights, etc.

I just wanted to address this one comment you made. While it is true that it is not easy for a hero to kill a zombie, remember that if the hero rolls any die higher than the zombie's highest die but does not have any doubles, the hero still basically wins the fight because he fends off the zombie without taking a wound. So the zombie may survive that round but so did the hero and in some scenarios survival is the whole goal!

Now if the goal is to kill a certain amount of zombies, then you better roll some high doubles or get some good cards! Watchmen02
Yeah GoodCop...Im starting to see how much of a survival game this is!
It doesnt help my son (being the zombies) rolls 6's the majority of the time Watchmen02
[quote='wisdomknight' pid='30481' dateline='1345146246']
I had a few bsic questions, it might seems silly to some of you but:

Can you use a weapon on more than one zombie during your turn?- For instance I am in a square with 2-3 zombies and have to fight ll three myself. I only have a baseball bat. Can I use that against each one?

Yes, each fight is completely seperate. Fight the 1st one, if you survive move on...

Do doubles kill a zombie even if he rolls higher than you?- For example....I roll two 1's and the zombie rolls a 6...who wins?

From Jason S. Hill
'If the Hero wins AND has doubles on any of their dice, the Zombie is wounded'

Can any player use an hero card (and event for example) during another player's turn to help them?

From Jason S. Hill
'Note that Events may be played anytime unless stated otherwise on the card.'

Hope this helps, any more questions, just askWatchmen02
Thanks Samurai, Im finally starting to see how the combat turns work.
Will play a game today, hopefully we will play more correctly this time.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's