TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Want to be inspired?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I run a painting contest over at the Wyrd Miniatures site.

It's format is kind of a 'king of the hill' type contest, where I pair up contestants, and they go head to head in a paint-off. I have a group of judges that score it, and whoever survives goes to the next round, where we repeat the process until we have a single winner.

I based the contest off of the Iron Chef, a kooky Japanese (and now American) cooking show. Like the show, the twist is I also have a 'Theme ingredient'. The painters must incorporate the theme into their painting. Sometimes it's a color, sometimes an emotion.

This particular Iron Painter (we are on the 6th contest now) I've been using movie titles as our "theme". The first was THE COLOR PURPLE, the second round was "FULL METAL JACKET", this latest round however is "PSYCHO".

The contestants use the theme as they see fit, from a literal interpretation to a more artistic one.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, check out the pics from the latest round>

http://wyrd-games.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=575

Just some jaw droppingly good entries.

If any of you paint minis, and want to be challenged, join the contest next time.

It's called the Iron Painter
Reference URL's