TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: ATTN: Lurkers. Yes, YOU!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see you joining. Don't think you can hide. You're here, so why don't you say hello? We already know everything about you. Don't believe me? Ok, then how do I know your name is... STEVE! Aha!

I should point out that if your name isn't 'Steve' you can go ahead and ignore that last part. But if your name is 'Steve' I bet you were freaked out for a moment.

Anyhow, introduce yourself and tell us what you like about zombies or horror or boardgames or n107 or stamp collecting. Don't worry, we won't bite. But if we do, you'll turn into a zombie! And you couldn't have picked a better place to join the ranks of the undead.
How cool is that? (circle one)
A. Very cool.
B. Stone Cold
C. Ice cold.
D. Cool Blue Reason
Can I choose

E. All of the above?
We now have over 100 membersWatchmen02 but only a few
post.so lets get with the Program People.

That includes you..Steve

OD
Steve...huh!

Every site or forum I go on...bloody Steve has to stick his head in.

I just wish Steve would post once in a while!

Come on, folks. You don't want to get a reputation like Steve's, pop on here and say Hello!!
Don't be a Steve.
There are a few that haven't answered their mandatory email to become "full" members of the board... if I kill them... we'll be at 100...
Sarku, do you have any download stats? Maybe a friendly comment before download (or in the files themselves) "Hey! Share your creations with us! We don't bite!" might be productive.
Ugh... well... I was offering this stuff up with absolutely no preexisting conditions. Now they at least have to become a full-fledged member. I can't set any other settings... minimum posts or anything like that. I could manually make a stipulation that they have to have at least 30 posts or something like that to download... I'd have to change everyone's settings though to make it work... so that'd take some work.

I'd be willing to do it though, but that seems a little mean. What are everyone's thoughts?
I'm not shy when it comes to posting...but some folks might be. Lurkers aren't so bad, maybe they'd just prefer to read the posts...or maybe they are just after the downloads.

Either way, even if you only get 1 or 2 members out of 30 that become posting members, it's probably worth it.

I'm the moderator of a few other web sites, and one that I do hasn't had a new post in months. It's a shame, but that's the way it goes.

I think if we keep up what we are doing, keep encouraging new members, answering questions, and posting interesting topics, the folks will come.

I wouldn't like to see the downloads become a condition of being chatty....
I don't see any restrictions necessary. Just a little post extra text on there, "Hey, we're friendly and we like the game too. Talk to us!" on the download page.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's