TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Death of a Hero rules update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A note from the Timber Peak Rulebook, page 15.

Note - Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish were optional rules in the original Last Night on Earth, but are now intended to always be used in all Scenarios. Because of this, both Heroes Replenish and Always Zombie Heroes are listed on all of the Timber Peak Scenario Cards in the Scenario Special Rules list at the top.

What does everyone think of this retroactive change? Will you use it?

I think Heroes always having a full team is huge. There have been plenty of games that I have lost because my Hero team got too small to be effective.
It's a minor change at best. Under GH's "dot" system, those two rules were meant to complement each other and were equivalent value. Also, MOST players play that way anyway (until corrected or doing deep reads of the rules, anyway) -- it only matters when you don't have a full complement of players and during certain times of the game.

I'm glad to see them making it core rules.
To be honest, I'm kind of fine with this anyway. One, I like the idea of getting Zombie Heroes. It makes the game even more fun. Often times, if the appropriate cards don't come up, it can be hard to actually get one, especially if it is a shorter scenario (less turns mean less time in the black zone).

Plus, in games where there are only two hero players, or worse, even only one with all 4 heroes, you can see where not having hero replenish could get to be nearly a death sentence.

As mqstout mentions, they are complimentary to one another in the DOTS system anyway, so including them, you can just imagine you are starting with a balanced DOTS score anyway. I honestly think this is a positive change. After all, if you think about it, the game shouldn't inherently be differently balanced depending upon the number of hero players.
This is basically my post in the other thread, didn't see this one 'till now.

Anyway, i really like this rule, will make players think twice before purposely sacrificing their weaker ones in order to maybe draw a new stronger one.
I approve of this change whole heartedly. When you're having a 2 player game and you lose a couple of Heroes that aren't replenished. The outcome (more often than not) is game over for the Heroes. In my experience.
I concur. It makes most sense that the heroes odds of winning should be independent of the number of players. That said, we've always played with that rule. What I especially like to see is the always zombie heroes rule. In my experience the heroes overall chance of winning has always been higher than the zombie's chance. I love it and I'm going to apply the rules for all scenarios. Just what I needed! Thanks FFP!
I like it too and we always played "heroes replenish" anyways. We mostly have 5 player games so just for the social aspect of it. What must you do if your hero dies in the first round? Sit out the rest of the game?
I can see it being ok in a 2 player game but it just does not work with more than 3 players playing.
I also like it being standard.

I hated the heroes replenish scenario's where I never, ever got a Zombie hero. Now with both coming standard Zombies always get that hero when they get a kill.

I think it was Zombie Rampage we got down to four turns and I had killed one hero and needed one more building destroyed, the heroes were able to sacrifice two heroes to drive my zombies too far away to return and destroy the remaining buildings. The game felt cheap to them and me, not like the Strange feeling Sheriff sacrificing himself to pull all the zombies on him so Johnny could kill them (and the zombie sheriff) with the dynamite and the heroes could get to the truck and escape.
Hey, after GH, I took Always Zombie Heroes and Replenish as a standard. My group liked it that way atleast.
Reference URL's