TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hero death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When your Hero dies do you pick another Hero?

It seems that only the advanced rules states it.
And if so do you keep choosing another Hero during the game everytime you or your fellow teamates die?

Does anyone play hardcore that they dont allow another hero, and if you die you stay dead?
Hi, i let theheroes pick their starting team. I also allow them to discard any unwanted heroes. Replenished heroes are drwan at random.

I prefer games without hero repenish, but thats just me.
Typically, the only time you get a new hero is if your hero is in some way turned into a Zombie Hero. In other words, it is the same rules as Zombie Heroes. If they are your last hero killed, are killed during the black phase of the sun tracker, or a card is used to turn them into a Zombie Hero.

However, some scenarios use Hero Replenish, which indicates that the heroes always get new heroes upon the death of one. You can also use the DOTS system (once you have Growing Hunger for the DOTS rules) in order to add on Hero Replenish if you want.
From Jason S. Hill

Heroes Replenish

'Currently the only times that a player gets to replace a dead Hero are:
- If the Hero was killed while the Sun Track marker was still in the 'Black Zone' (this also turns the dead Hero into a Zombie Hero).
- If the Hero killed was the last Hero that the player was currently controlling (this also turns the dead Hero into a Zombie Hero).
- If the Scenario being played uses the 'Heroes Replenish' Special Rule that first appeared in the Growing Hunger Expansion (this does not turn the dead Hero into a Zombie Hero unless they would become a Zombie Hero for some other reason).'

However an errata in Timber Peak says always Zombie Heroes and always Heroes Replenish for every scenario. Thanks for the heads up munkymuddface
Reference URL's