TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Scenario: Plan 9 from Outer Space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following is a tribute to the movie Plan 9 from Outer Space. Be warned though, you may have to be a B horror movie fan to enjoy it. Zombie12

Everything shown can be downloaded as a single zip-file from this location: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/81180/...r-web-scen

The scenario card:
[attachment=1592]

Scenario background:
[attachment=1593]
[attachment=1594]

Zombie cards:
[attachment=1595]

Hero cards:
[attachment=1596]

Heroes:
[attachment=1597]
[attachment=1598]
[attachment=1599]
[attachment=1600]
Amazing work!
Wow, these are all very well done. I think I follow how to play from the directions, but I should see this movie again. However, I am not sure it would help. I don't remember this flick making much sense anyway. Zombie12
Thanks for the comments, guys.

(08-28-2012 06:35 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember this flick making much sense anyway. Zombie12

And that's the beauty of it. Watchmen02
Scarydk,

I haven't seen the movie yet but what an amazing job you've done putting together everything for this scenario! Really beautiful work.
(08-29-2012 09:28 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Scarydk,

I haven't seen the movie yet but what an amazing job you've done putting together everything for this scenario! Really beautiful work.

Thanks, Goodcop2000.

Some people will tell you that Chuck Norris puts the FUN in Funeral when it's actually Edward D. Wood jr.

Lucky for us, the movie has been certified public domain and as such has been made freely available on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOSWA9OBjls

If you wonder why spawning new zombies can be difficult at times check the bloated guy spawning at 0:33:00 ... Insane20
incredible work.

As a huge fan of Plan 9 and all the Ed Wood movies I'm surprised I never thought about LNOE Plan 9. Great job on keeping the theme with rules and cards. Stupid minds" is the greatest name of any card ever, although I'd boost it to cancel any event without a roll, or be remain in play with a tiny chance of cancelling any event, it's the greatest scene in the movie IMO.

I don't know about the balance of the game, but it certainly has the feel of Plan 9.
(09-04-2012 05:39 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote: [ -> ]incredible work.

As a huge fan of Plan 9 and all the Ed Wood movies I'm surprised I never thought about LNOE Plan 9. Great job on keeping the theme with rules and cards. Stupid minds" is the greatest name of any card ever, although I'd boost it to cancel any event without a roll, or be remain in play with a tiny chance of cancelling any event, it's the greatest scene in the movie IMO.

I don't know about the balance of the game, but it certainly has the feel of Plan 9.

Thanks for the comments Phantaskippy. Balance certainly is an issue here. I'll admit I got a little too carried away in staying with (my interpretation of) the spirit of the movie. I'll certainly consider making adjustments to the cards to make it enjoyable for anyone with a taste for the bizarre. Watchmen02
Reference URL's