TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Looking for suggestions - Cool special powers for zombie clowns?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So, I love evil clowns and I love zombies. Combine the two and my nerd alert goes into overdrive. LOL!

It just so happens that "Zombies!!!" has a carnival-themed expansion which comes with zombie clowns.

[Image: pic322075.jpg]

I'm not too sure if I even want the Zombies!!! board game as I didn't find it that great, but I may eventually pick it up either way just for the heck of it. But, even if I don't, I'm tempted to buy that particular expansion just for the zombie clowns. If I do, I definitely want to come up with at least one custom scenario specific to them, as well as some kind of special zombie power to give them (kind of like how your Grave Dead Zombies can wind up with one of 6 powers by random roll).

The only thing is I kind of can't think of what special abilities you'd give to zombie clowns. It should be something that kind of clown-like. LOL! Can anybody help me out there? Any thoughts on something creative and clown-like to use as their special abilities so they aren't just like the normal zombies?
Maybe alerting zombie hordes as in L4D2?
Hey Staypuft,

Just so you know you don't have to buy a Zombies game or expansion to get the minis. The company sells bags of males zombies, female zombies, zombie dogs, and yes, zombie clowns! Too bad they don't sell a variety pack but if you want a lot of clowns you can get them cheap.

Here is one link to the item but you can get them different places.

Bag o' clowns
Good idea, Staypuft. I got inspired by this thread to start collecting scary looking clown minis. My thought was to create a force of 7 zombie clowns mimicking the plague carriers. I've acquired single models from Heroclix and Tengu Models but I'm still missing two models to complete the task. As I want variety I decided to go with this more expensive solution as opposed to the excellent suggestion Goodcop2000 made. It's great to hear others have a thing for clowns and hopefully some great ideas will emerge from this thread. Watchmen02
hello staypuft
luv the idea of zombie clowns as for special powers they could have one called "CHILDHOOD FEAR" so if a zombie clown moves into a heroes square the hero players take a -1 on their fight dice or when in a space with a clown they cant move away unless a 4,5 or 6 is rolled beacause the clown fear has got to them i know i wouldnt be happy with zombie clown beside me.
(08-31-2012 04:10 PM)zombielover77 Wrote: [ -> ]hello staypuft
luv the idea of zombie clowns as for special powers they could have one called "CHILDHOOD FEAR" so if a zombie clown moves into a heroes square the hero players take a -1 on their fight dice or when in a space with a clown they cant move away unless a 4,5 or 6 is rolled beacause the clown fear has got to them i know i wouldnt be happy with zombie clown beside me.

Interesting idea. I think heroes should roll before entering play to see if they are affected by childhood fear. The ability is interesting and a dangerous one as it may allow a zombie to swarm their prey. It could be interesting if the "affected" individuals weren't revealed until they actually encountered a clown.
(08-30-2012 08:31 PM)wisdomknight Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe alerting zombie hordes as in L4D2?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Unfortunately, I've never played that game. I'll have to try to pick it up. Can you clarify what you mean here?

(08-31-2012 03:10 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Staypuft,

Just so you know you don't have to buy a Zombies game or expansion to get the minis. The company sells bags of males zombies, female zombies, zombie dogs, and yes, zombie clowns! Too bad they don't sell a variety pack but if you want a lot of clowns you can get them cheap.

Here is one link to the item but you can get them different places.

Bag o' clowns

Awesome! Thanks. I will have to check that out when I do get around to picking this up. Thanks for the heads up!

(08-31-2012 06:37 AM)scarydk Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea, Staypuft. I got inspired by this thread to start collecting scary looking clown minis. My thought was to create a force of 7 zombie clowns mimicking the plague carriers. I've acquired single models from Heroclix and Tengu Models but I'm still missing two models to complete the task. As I want variety I decided to go with this more expensive solution as opposed to the excellent suggestion Goodcop2000 made. It's great to hear others have a thing for clowns and hopefully some great ideas will emerge from this thread. Watchmen02

That is awesome! If you do finish up your horde of zombie clowns, PLEASE post pictures here! LOL! I would love to see that.

(08-31-2012 04:10 PM)zombielover77 Wrote: [ -> ]hello staypuft

Oooo! That is definitely a good idea. I like that! That could be perfect! I especially love tha part where you have to roll to see if you can get away, or otherwise you are frozen in fear. I might consider limiting it to one time, though. In other words, if you get stuck with the clown once, then the next time you can get away as long as you survived, you are no longer stuck. Otherwise, I would worry it is a bit too harsh, as you could end up massacring a hero pretty quickly.

(08-31-2012 06:13 PM)scarydk Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting idea. I think heroes should roll before entering play to see if they are affected by childhood fear. The ability is interesting and a dangerous one as it may allow a zombie to swarm their prey. It could be interesting if the "affected" individuals weren't revealed until they actually encountered a clown.

Yeah, I can agree with this as well. I mean, as far as the hero getting stuck there, zombielover's rule covers that, as the hero can get away by rolling a 4,5, or 6. With the -1 for fight dice, though, I'd be a tad bit concerned that could be a bit too powerful, so maybe some kind of a roll to determine if it works. I'm not sure. Or, maybe you are onto something, and you just encounter the zombie clown and roll overall to see if you hero suffers from this fear that time, then if they are the powers take effect.

Actually, to balance it out a little, maybe you could even say that on a roll of 4,5, or 6, the powers take effect, on a roll of 1,2, or 3, the hero is so freaked out by the zombie clown that they just haul arse in the other direction. Though,for the sake of gameplay, it would play the same as the zombie being fended off. The hero wouldn't actually get to move until their turn.

I dunno. What does everybody think about that? Or does anybody have other thoughts on possible powers for zombie clowns?
I like this as a Grave Dead sorta option: a pool of 7 clown zombies that always have a certain power. I also like the frozen in place until a 4+ is rolled idea. It is a bit more interesting than just -1 fight dice.
i must admit the -1 to fight dice is a bit harsh i was just showing my own personel fear of clowns lol.
also i would be quite cool if someone could make like a fun fair centre board for the game that the clowns could spawn from not sure how that would work as ive never made any sections before but that could be another option for some other carnival/fun fair zombie type options like bearded lady,ring master with his top hat and tails, clowns, mutated zombie strongman etc or have i gone too far Freak01
Staypuft, if you get around to doing a scenario based on clowns I have a suggestion for you for mood music. I have a couple of cds from Nox Arcana and they are very good - this particular one has a carnival theme.

carnival music
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's