TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Can you lose the hedge trimmers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Hedge Trimmers came with the "Revenge of the Dead" supplement that you can order on the Flying Frog web store. In reading the card, I noticed that there is no text stating that you roll to test for a break or anything like that. There is no mention of how you may lose the weapon.

Now, granted, it is a double handed weapon. I don't have the expansion that includes double handed weapons yet (I forget which one has them), so maybe there is a rule specific to double handed weapons along with that.

However, I want to be sure to play fair. So, is there something I may be missing since I don't have that expansion yet? Is there a way you can lose the Hedge Trimmers, or can you just never lose this card?
If I recall correctly, none of the double-handed weapons have break tests. They are typically very powerful weapons, but prevent you from carrying any other weapon since they are Two-Handed. The lack of break test is a balance to the fact that you are limited to using the one weapon with that character.

PS: Give the trimmers to Jade, LOADS of fun! ...er, give them to her once you get that expansion...
There's also zombie cards like "It's Stuck!" (http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....%E2%80%9D)
Thanks, guys. That does make sense, then. As it is, the hedge trimmers are pretty darn awesome!

Also, thanks for pointing that out, mqstout. That is one way the hero could still wind up losing a double handed weapon, then.
Hi, there is also Knocked Away, and Caught Off Gaurd. There are lots of creative ways to disarm, hinder or just plain kill the Hero with a "powerful weapon" Rusty Axe is also fun.

But, no. You dont lose the hedge trimmer due to a break or any other reason. Sad but true
(09-06-2012 03:25 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, there is also Knocked Away, and Caught Off Gaurd. There are lots of creative ways to disarm, hinder or just plain kill the Hero with a "powerful weapon" Rusty Axe is also fun.

But, no. You dont lose the hedge trimmer due to a break or any other reason. Sad but true

That is both cool if you are one of the hero players, and intimidating if you are one of the zombie players. LOL! But, also good for the zombie players to know that there are some cards in the deck waiting to help them out. ;-)
Reference URL's