TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: survival deck and other questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have a few questions after purchasing Survival of the fittest for yesterday's Labor Day gaming.

The rules state that the grave weapon deck gets reshuffled after the last card is used, and that the survival decks do not.
1. Do the cards from the survival decks go to the discard pile, or do they simply leave the game when they would be discarded?

2. The Sewer is not a Building, I assume Lights out cannot be played on it, is this correct?

3. Line of sight exists from the sewer to the entrance space and from the entrance space to the sewer, this means you can shoot into the sewer from the entrance spaces, and out of the sewer onto either entrance space, correct?

4. To use duct tape can you trade to a player that cannot hold the item you are trading them? For example Billy with the Fence Post and Rachelle with the Chainsaw, can Rachelle trade the chainsaw to Billy even though he cannot hold it? Would this work like searching and picking up an item you can't hold, or is trading different?

5. Can unique items be traded? Can the ones that don't take up a space be traded? Can you trade Johnny's jacket after it has a wound on it, or Rachelle's armor with it's armor markers? If Rachelle's vest can be traded, can you trade it after a fight in which it was used (but no armor token's removed, just the roll to do so) and used again? Can Jade use her journal to roll an extra fight dice then trade it and another Hero use the ranged attack option in the same turn?

6. Can you play Duct Tape on another hero, or just the one who draws the card?

7. Jenny cannot save Jade's Skateboard, correct? Can she boost the roll to discard a hand weapon that has been duct-taped (for example lose fight with Chainsaw+fencepost) or not, since it is not a break check?

8. Not a question, but seriously Jenny and Billy are so much better with survival of the fittest. (pitchfork+garden shears on Jenny w/ the torch, that's ridiculous, also Jeb's lucky wrench with a baseball bat is Jennytastic)

9. Well-stocked buildings states you may take the named card from the hero deck, does this mean that the gun shop they can take any ammo or gun card, or since the "gun" is generic and not a "named card" could you only use well stocked on the ammo card? Same obviously for first aid cards. This was a big fight because of the supply token cards. Players new to playing zombies tend to get hostile. So far our house rule has been that you go through and take the first one in the hero draw pile for the gun shop and hospital when using the well-stocked option. It seems a little too powerful for a mod with a cost of one.

Possibly more to follow. So weird I normally find all my answers on the expanded rules posts or FAQs, these I haven't found.
(09-04-2012 04:05 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote: [ -> ]Have a few questions after purchasing Survival of the fittest for yesterday's Labor Day gaming.

The rules state that the grave weapon deck gets reshuffled after the last card is used, and that the survival decks do not.
1. Do the cards from the survival decks go to the discard pile, or do they simply leave the game when they would be discarded?

Just discarded, into a seperate discard pile. Not the same as the Hero Deck

2. The Sewer is not a Building, I assume Lights out cannot be played on it, is this correct?

Sad, but true. Nicde Idea though.

3. Line of sight exists from the sewer to the entrance space and from the entrance space to the sewer, this means you can shoot into the sewer from the entrance spaces, and out of the sewer onto either entrance space, correct?

Yes

4. To use duct tape can you trade to a player that cannot hold the item you are trading them? For example Billy with the Fence Post and Rachelle with the Chainsaw, can Rachelle trade the chainsaw to Billy even though he cannot hold it? Would this work like searching and picking up an item you can't hold, or is trading different?

You could exchange the item, but Billy would have to Duct tape them together, or discard one.

5. Can unique items be traded? Can the ones that don't take up a space be traded? Can you trade Johnny's jacket after it has a wound on it, or Rachelle's armor with it's armor markers? If Rachelle's vest can be traded, can you trade it after a fight in which it was used (but no armor token's removed, just the roll to do so) and used again? Can Jade use her journal to roll an extra fight dice then trade it and another Hero use the ranged attack option in the same turn?

Good Question. Johnny's jacket can be traded, and the wound magically falls off. You can trade Rachelle's jacket as well. The use of a cards ability is normally restricted to once per turn. Some items seem to be able to escape that rule Insane19

6. Can you play Duct Tape on another hero, or just the one who draws the card?

Exchange the item as normal

7. Jenny cannot save Jade's Skateboard, correct? Can she boost the roll to discard a hand weapon that has been duct-taped (for example lose fight with Chainsaw+fencepost) or not, since it is not a break check?

Yes

8. Not a question, but seriously Jenny and Billy are so much better with survival of the fittest. (pitchfork+garden shears on Jenny w/ the torch, that's ridiculous, also Jeb's lucky wrench with a baseball bat is Jennytastic)

Yeah, you can make wicked combos. Dont forget Jades ability, even better than Jenny

9. Well-stocked buildings states you may take the named card from the hero deck, does this mean that the gun shop they can take any ammo or gun card, or since the "gun" is generic and not a "named card" could you only use well stocked on the ammo card? Same obviously for first aid cards. This was a big fight because of the supply token cards. Players new to playing zombies tend to get hostile. So far our house rule has been that you go through and take the first one in the hero draw pile for the gun shop and hospital when using the well-stocked option. It seems a little too powerful for a mod with a cost of one.

I dislike Well Stock. I will play well stock for heroes, If zombies get pilliage. Yes, for the gun shop heroes can pick any gun with the gun icon on the card, or any ammo. Same with first aid, if it has the icon, they can pick it up.

Possibly more to follow. So weird I normally find all my answers on the expanded rules posts or FAQs, these I haven't found.

I could be wrong on this, but thats how i see it.
4b. If said Chainsaw+fencepost lost a fight, the Chainsaw discard would activate (losing a fight) but because it is duct-taped you get the duct tape saving throw to avoid discarding. Now would the Roll take place before you would discard Gasoline to save the chainsaw, or since the saving throw is for saving the duct-taped item from one of it's halves ruining the whole, would the gasoline have to be played before taking that roll?

5b. That is ridiculous, if trading it removes the wound you could trade it to a partner and then back on their turn and essentially heal Johnny through trade actions only. That's pretty sick. New Question, would Johnny's youth ability allow him to remove the wound from his jacket?

6b. I don't know if I follow; Duct tape isn't an item, so it can't be traded. The question is whether you can play the card on someone else's items, or if you have to trade the items to the duct-tape holder and then have them duct-tape it and trade it back.

9b. What is Zombie pillage from, don't have that yet. Well-stocked was overpowered already for theh cost, but with the stockpile cards it is just ridiculous.
I do agree with most of PJON replies...

Didn't got quite well the part about Johnny's Jacket...

If you trade it while it has a wound it retains the wound. But if you have a healing effect somehow it can be healed go wonder...
(09-04-2012 06:50 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote: [ -> ]9b. What is Zombie pillage from, don't have that yet. Well-stocked was overpowered already for theh cost, but with the stockpile cards it is just ridiculous.

Zombie Pillage is a supplement added by FFP.

Pillage works like this. If there is a Zombie in a building, without any Heroes in it. Each single zombie in a square in the building can roll a die, For, i think its a 5+, With every successfull roll, the Heroes must discard their top Hero card. If there are 2 Zombie in a square, its an automatic discard.
(09-04-2012 06:51 PM)j0hnnn Wrote: [ -> ]I do agree with most of PJON replies...

Hi Johnnn. Like i said, i dont like the answers either. I have just learned to give the Heroes every possible advantage, and it seems to be correct.

I kill them anyway, they need all the help they can get.
Like crossing walls wasn't AN HUGIC ADVANTAGE...
;D
Like crossing walls wasn't AN HUGIC ADVANTAGE...
;D
Hi official word on Johnny's Jacket from Jason S. Hill. this was found on bgg.

'Technically you only discard any Wound marker that is actually on the Jacket at the time. That being said, there is no reason right now that you wouldn't always just put your first wound marker on the Jacket. Unless you wanted to hand off the Jacket to another character - then any wound marker on the Jacket would be passed along with the Jacket itself (think of it like the Jacket is temporarily torn or worn out).'

hope this helps
Reference URL's