TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: zombies and walls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just a quick question to people now i was playing last night on earth and my g/f was getting a bit annoyed that i was moving my zombies through walls...now is there anyone other players that get rid of that rule?? simply to set her mind at rest.
i can sort of see what shes getting at as in terms that a zombie can hardly walk let alone bury or dig underneath a wall/floor or corner of a building but the rulebook obviously said that you can whats your opinions folks??Zombie12
Zombies moving through walls is one of the most important rules for the Zombie player. If she really dislikes it that much, the Survival of the Fittest expansion adds barricade rules where heroes can spend turns to make it harder for zombies to go through certain walls.
Cheers for the reply mqstout and as I am always the zombie player suits me I just think she was bitter about loseing lol I literally got survival of the fittest yesterday and I haven't opened it yet simply because im going on holiday and was saving it for when I get back she prob be happy now :-)
Zombies moving through walls makes up for their 1 movement. It would be almost impossible for the zombies to keep up with a moving Hero if they couldn't.

If you want to lower the difficulty for her without using Barricades, perhaps make it to where they can't move through walls until a certain Turn number. This will give her a chance to stock up.
The game is fundamentally broken without the zombies ability to move through walls.

Even if somehow there was compensation to allow zombies to move more than one space every turn, it still trashes the whole zombie hunger part of the deal.
Indeed, ForestRunner. zombielover77 tell her, "okay, zombies can't move through walls", then play one of the scenarios where zombies take over buildings to win, where the heroes usually rely on hunger to lure them outside.
Hi, I think (which is dangerous) that it emphasizes the thematic. That even though a Hero can run away, or hide in a building. The Zombies are everywhere.

You can run, but you cant hide.
I'm new to the game too but my friends first explained to me this rule I was like whaaaaaa? but their explanation was that you have to assume every wall had a window that the zombie breaks and climbs through. This sets my mind at ease except when they go through corners but then I sit back and imagine that the building has a corner window to display store items or give a more scenic view of the town. Watchmen02
I suppose I can understand her complaint, but to me that is part of what makes the game great. Not to mention, thematically it makes much more sense to me, and is definitely a lot cooler. After all, how cool is it to see a zombie breaking through a window, or breaking their way through the floors, or even breaking a wall down to get some tasty brains?

To me, forcing them to have to go through doors (other than when the barricades come into play) just isn't right thematically. To me, zombies shouldn't be smart enough to think to look for a door or window. If they find one, good for them, but typically they are just going to try to keep coming and get in with any method they can, including just trying to tear down whatever is in their way.

My suggestion would be to perhaps let her try being zombies for a game. Maybe she would enjoy the change and would then better understand whay this makes sense to the game.
Cheers for the back up folks il let her read the msg's so she can't moan at me I think its a great rule and having zombies coming in from every angle suits me if she played zombies instead of Herod she'd like the rule :-)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's