TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: ZP's: Are "Two Heroes in the same space" cards worth saving?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A lot of times while playing as ZP, I will find myself getting rid of cards that specify "Two Heroes in the same space" moreso than actually being able to play them.

Anybody else find these cards a tad useless?
I sometimes hold them for a turn or two if I think it is likely that the situation will come up (Becky is trying to make her way to someone to heal them) just because making 2 heroes skip their turn is pretty powerful. Usually though, I chuck 'em and draw more.
To be honest I do exactly the same as vikinglad coz if U don't get to use them there's so many more decent cards to pick up and use in the deck that otherwise its just a waste of oppertunitys.
Think of yourself as a business owner (in your case a slaughterhouse with 14 delivery boyz). In order for your business to have a competitive advantage your strategy needs to be one that strives to reduce in-process inventory (an important just in time principle). In other words: keeping the number of cards in your hand to a minimum will secure productivity and the ability to bring slaughter where and when needed at all time.

Important lessons can be learned from capitalism when you're the zombie boss.
Not quite as elaborate as scarydk (great answer though!).

"Use 'em or lose 'em"

The most effective zombie strategy is constant cycling of cards.
Know your heroes.

Many groups will keep their heroes split up to avoid such cards. Some are smart enough to not worry about them. Becky and Kenny, Amanda and any male, Jade and Victor/Jake/Kenny, and especially Anderson and Rachelle will have me thinking about keeping a last night card, catfight I usually ditch (Jade and Stacy exception), and Bickering I just look at the map and see the situation.

Now if it is escape in the truck I'll keep those cards the whole game if I have to, it's just too powerful.
i support that. The best advise i cant think of is

Posted by Phantaskippy - Today 09:37 AM
Know your heroes.

and know your players.

The one card I may hold more than any other is;

Unnecessary Self Sacrifice
Play this card when two Heroes are in the same space and a Zombie is about to fight one of them. Instead of fighting, the Zombie automatically wounds one of them (Hero's choice).

Can be used on anyones turn, and has a higher probability for use.

Only once have been able to use Catfight. Its a wasted card in my deck normally.
I would definitely agree with the general thoughts here. I would consider hanging onto them for a little bit if it looks like the may help me in the near future. If not, I just ditch them as soon as they can. Better to use or discard your cards as quickly as possible when you are the zombie player. Otherwise, they are hindering you from picking up other cards that may actually help you, and could even be very deadly. ;-)
(09-11-2012 03:16 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]The one card I may hold more than any other is;

Unnecessary Self Sacrifice
Play this card when two Heroes are in the same space and a Zombie is about to fight one of them. Instead of fighting, the Zombie automatically wounds one of them (Hero's choice).

Can be used on anyones turn, and has a higher probability for use.

Yes! That card is amazing, esp. when it gives heroes a choice between death and a zombie hero spawning. Sadly it can't be used to play I feel kind of strange, but it can activate the effect.

I actually had a father joe try to stop USS and fail, it was awesome.
I typically ditch the "Two Heroes in the same space" space card when I get them, unless the scenario promotes being the same space.

When playing Timber Peak recently I ditched the "It could be our last night..." card in the first round. Seven turns later a valid target happened. However that would have meant reduced capacity for me as the ZP for all of those turns, so I don't regret ditching the card.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's