TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Timber Peak Rules Question—Dynamite and Generators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing a game of Timber Peak this weekend and the following situation came up.

A hero has dynamite. Two zombies and a generator are in a square. The player throws dynamite in the square. Dynamite says that it only effects models in the square.

Does the dynamite harm the generator?
I'm pretty sure "model" is defined as "zombie or hero", but I will have to verify. From another front, generator-harming is a special action done by zombies.
First of, I have to admit that I haven't looked it up. However, explosives have only been known to affect structures in situations where the scenario special rules states this as an option. Barricades for example aren't affected. I can't imagine why generators should.
During the game I ruled conservatively, having it only effect the models in the space. It seems that is the consensus.

If someone finds something to the contrary in the rules, I'd love to see it, otherwise I'm going to let this stand.
That is definitely a good question. When in doubt, consult the rules. Most often, with Flying Frog games, if something isn't specifically stated in the rules, then you assume the default. In other words, if it does not specifically state in the rules that explosions harm generators, than you would assume they do not.

Though, certainly somebody can fill us in if we are wrong here.
I would say that the dynamite definitely DOES hurt the generator. Last Night on Earth is a game that is truly set in real life. There are so many rules that apply to real life situations. A stick of dynamite exploding mere feet away from a generator would definitely do damage. That's the risk/reward situation with attempting to blow up a space the generator is on top of.

The way I look at it, if Fire can hurt the generator, then a dynamite explosion would DEFINITELY hurt the generator. In real life, flames would do less damage to a piece of machinery than an explosion.
You are definitely right about that. LNOE does usually do things the way that most makes sense thematically. It would definitely most make sense that the dynamite WOULD hurt generators. However, you can't necessarily assume. Again, I don't yet have Timber Peak, so I cannot check the rules to verify. Though, if it doesn't specifically say, they you cannot assume.
(09-18-2012 09:23 AM)PsychicFatman Wrote: [ -> ]I would say that the dynamite definitely DOES hurt the generator. Last Night on Earth is a game that is truly set in real life. There are so many rules that apply to real life situations. A stick of dynamite exploding mere feet away from a generator would definitely do damage. That's the risk/reward situation with attempting to blow up a space the generator is on top of.

The way I look at it, if Fire can hurt the generator, then a dynamite explosion would DEFINITELY hurt the generator. In real life, flames would do less damage to a piece of machinery than an explosion.

I totally get your point. One would think that explosions would hurt right about everything standing nearby. However, you can't always apply real life logic to the rules of LNoE. But that doesn't mean you can't add your own custom rules.
no damage to generator....else one must consider non -models such as equipment, allies, the truck, building walls etc.
I would say since it does. Not only from a thematic stand point, but if a hero is dumb enough to do it, there should be repercussions. If there were a scenario where you had to blow up a generator, dynamite would more than likely cause damage. In this scenario you're trying to keep them alive, so I would rule that it'd still do damage.

A truck is a model, with no wounds mentioned. So it takes a wound and nothing happens. I'm okay with that ruling. Same thing for everything else you mentioned. One wound out of a hypothetical 6k doesn't do anything. Generators specifically stated have 2 wounds.
Reference URL's