TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on Integrating Timber Peak - Decks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I actually mentioned this in another thread, but I thought it was interesting enough to bring up as its own separate discussion.

What are everybody's thoughts on how you play to incorporate Timber Peak along with your copy of the original Last Night On Earth? Especially as it relates to the huge deck size this would create for both decks. Now mind you I do not yet even have any expansions to the original game. I am fairly new to the game. So, I won't be likely to get Timber Peak for some time now.

However, when I do, my personal plan is going to be to generally keep Timber Peak and the original Last Night On Earth separate. With it being both standalone and an expansion, obviously I am going to want to combine them at least at some point. But, I think in general I will keep them separate. To me, that just seems like it would be much easier.

The existing expansions alone make the Zombie and Hero decks pretty huge. Trying to then add Timber Peak on top of all that has got to be just plain crazy.

So, my personal thought on the matter is that I will get all the expansions for LNOE, then eventually get Timber Peak, and keep them typically separate. Any further expansions released for Timber Peak I will add to Timber Peak, but typically not LNOE, and vice versa. The only reason being is that they are essentially the same game (just with some changes in TP). So, if we are playing and decide we want to use, for example, the Zombies with Grave Weapons, it is easy enough to just use them in LNOE.

Not sure if I may change my tune when I get a chance to play Timber Peak, but that sounds to me like it would work well.
I have ALL of the expansions to date including TP and Yes, the decks are truly massive at this point (150 at minimum) Recently I played a game where i was the Zeds and we had two hero players. We just split the hero deck into two piles and let them draw from either, keeps the randomness i feel without limiting the cards. As for zombie decks i would do the same with 2 Z players, but with just one, I use the whole deck, its massive but if you play yourself aggressively you can move through it no problem still
As I mentioned in the other thread, I removed half of all duplicate cards to cut down on extra filler, as well as make each card more unique. I tried to use unique art for each duplicate card as well to keep their uniqueness. This way my decks are 101 cards after all of the expansions and one web supplement.
I was talking about this on a previous thread where you take the Hero Deck and split it into 4 parts and divide them among each corner of the board. The heroes only drawing from the pile on the section of the board they are currently on.
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...uck-factor

Maybe this will help cut down the size. I have played the game several times like this and it does help. The only problems I have come across is any scenarios where you are playing with more than 4 L-shaped pieces. But I ended up splitting the decks more to accomodate the other pieces and Using a 10 sided dice for Random Buildings.
FFP has always made a point of keeping the scenario search items at the right percentages to maintain gameplay. I would be careful messing with that.

I like the idea splitting the deck into four parts, that keeps it manageable.

My problem has been the way cards end up in the discard pile certain cards always seem to end up together and after a few games the deck is really clustered.
Splitting up the deck could help, but I've personally never been fond of it. This could lead to even worse problems. For example, what if the heroes are looking for a specific item that happens to be in the deck from which they keep not getting to draw?

Getting rid of some duplicates would certainly help too. That is definitely a good idea. All the same, I think it is just as easy to keep the decks separate, and specific to their own game. So, that is still probably the method I will use. But, you guys have some great ideas as well.
What some players do is devide the hero decks in 4 stacks and put these on the 4 corners of the boards. Depending on wich cornersection the hero searches he or she must draw from that corners stack. I have tried that once and it does work.
The table gets pretty crowded with stacks of cards, especialy if you use al the expansion. Wich come with another couple of decks of cards. Grave weapon zombies, advanced tactics and weapons (sorry forgot the correct names there)
Reference URL's