TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Question: repainting a sealed mini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all -

Love to lurk - first time posting.

I have some LNOE minis that have been painted and sealed. I was thinking I'd like to change up a few details (like hair color, or shirt color). Is that doable on a sealed mini? Or would I need to strip all of the sealant and paint off of the mini?

Thanks in advance for your expertise! I am new to painting.
I would say strip them bud because U will definatly lose any detail that's left on the figure if U paint over the top there's lots of products that will remove it but its finding one that won't melt the plastic too I have striped lots of lead figures but there a bit more resiliant il try and find out for ya dude see what I can find but don't paint over them for now :-)
(09-14-2012 04:15 PM)kassle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all -

Love to lurk - first time posting.

I have some LNOE minis that have been painted and sealed. I was thinking I'd like to change up a few details (like hair color, or shirt color). Is that doable on a sealed mini? Or would I need to strip all of the sealant and paint off of the mini?
Thanks in advance for your expertise! I am new to painting.

heres a couple of vids bud hope this helps you out Watchmen02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWWPnMvNZLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE08B6jDt24

maybe try these on a couple of old models first! just so you dont ruin your LNOE minis good luck and let me know how it goes Watchmen02
Yep, I would strip them completely as well.
And on the other hand...the level of detail on the LNOE figures is not all that high so you would not miss much detail.
I guess it all depends on how thick you have put your first paint and sealer.

I mean..I have seen some figures in my day...and damn...some of them were painted alright but then they put varnish on them...djeeez...they looked like they been caught by the blob.
also ive found that if you do strip your models you may want to undercoat them with games workshop white undercoat spray ive found models that have lost a tiny bit of detail then sprayed with that stuff its almost as if you gain a little bit of detail back nowhere near how it was the day you bought it but better i really rate there undercoat its about £9 and will do a fair few figures have a try if you do strip and repaint. Zombie14)
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I was thinking of just changing the hair color on a few of the zombies, and maybe a shirt or two. Pretty happy with all the face/bodywork. But I think, based on your experiences, I may just skip it and be content with them as they are.

Appreciate it!
You could just give it a try on one and see what it does Watchmen02
(09-16-2012 06:39 AM)Emp Wrote: [ -> ]You could just give it a try on one and see what it does Watchmen02

I found myself with a little too much time on my hands this weekend and did just that.

So far, so good. Mostly stayed within the same color palatte, so I'm not sure what would have happened if I tried to go from purple to yellow, or something - but it all seems to have worked out fine. Resealed with Krylon Matte and so far so good!
Reference URL's