TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Day by day armageddon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just finished Day by day armageddon written by J. L. Bourne.

I must say it was one of the best I have read. It's written in a journal format kept by the author about his battle and survival during a zombie outbreak.

The author is on leave military and is home when strange reports of a virus start pouring in from china. Once the problem hit's us shores he has already started preparing and stockpiling. From there things go to hell real fast and it's a non stop ride to a HUGE climax.
The author knows his stuff and is obviously adept with firearms so the techies will be satisfied. Also the heroes aren't invincible as in some books I have read so it makes some nice fluff. There's also alot of emotion with the characters, so you may find yourself identifying with one of the characters as I did. Saying to yourself If it were me I'd do this now and then seeing what the character actually does.

It's also relatively short, 212 pages so it's a quick read, but it tells a complete story.

All in all I give this one a generous 5 out of 5 stars.
Go check it out, Or I'll eat your tasty BRAAAAAINS!
While I appreciate the kind offer of snacking on my brains, I think I will give it a read, it sounds very interesting!

Thanks shadow!!
You know... I just saw this post and I read that book also. It's REALLY good. I loved it. He's working on a sequel of sorts. I can't wait to check that out.
I picked this up yesterday and just finished it. I found it quite enjoyable. The sequel is due in February.. it'll be a long wait!
Hey guys, long time. Also sorry about the necropost but I just preordered the sequel to this book this past weekend. It's street date is july 13. Pre order price on amazon was only 10.00!

I'm sure I'll be back on here the day after it arrives or possibly later that night with good remarks for it, hopefully anyway!
This is the next book I'll buy, when I'm buying books from Amazon. I've been keeping my eye on this for quite some time.
Read this and it is amazing! Very suspenseful and sooo much action!Also while it has a definitive end that you can be happy with, it leaves the door open for a 3rd book.
I too just finished reading the sequel, and I finished it in a few hours. A great follow-up to the first.
NECROPOST!!!

I just bought the sequel in e-book form. It's the first book I'm reading on my iPad. It's definitely a totally different experience. As wacky as it sounds, I think what's missing is the texture of the paper and the subtle sound of flipping the page.
The first book was great. I love the irradiated dead. Zombie lore has always seemed to overlook decay.. A lot of the brutal moments really hooked me, think things are going good then BAM! I've been attempting the second on my ipad and I get sidetracked with alerts and such, need to get the print copy. I think there is a third out as well
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's