TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: My Dream invented a game - Zombie Tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I had a dream last night that actually invented a game. LOL! So weird. I wonder if anything like this exists. If not, I should try to invent it!

Anyway, it could be best described as "Zombie Tag." It starts with two teams. Zombies and heroes. The heroes got some kind of Nerf gun or something. This was used to kill zombies. The zombies, in turn, could kill the hero, thereby turning them into a zombie, by simply tagging them (though of in the game as being bitten by a zombie).

As a hero, if you are "bitten" (tagged) you are now a zombie. As a zombie, if you are killed, you are out of the game.

Some of the specific details would have to be considered, but it actually seems like a neat idea for a game. One thing I'm thinking is maybe the heroes should have to FIND Nerf guns instead of just starting with them. Otherwise, I am if it would be too easy for the hero players to take out zombies, since the zombie players should obviously be acting like zombies.

The version in my dream was apparently something of an advanced version, though. It seemed to include some special types of zombies. For example, in the dream I started as a hero, but after a particularly good showing, was eventually killed by a zombie, and therefore became a zombie. Then, I was later killed by a hero...

However, then a hero later killed an "electrified zombie" near me, which apparently kills that zombie, but has the after-effect of causing an electric current, which revived me and other nearby zombies. So apparently the game even had upgrades. LOL!
What in Beezlebub's a Nerf Gun and further more I wonder if Jason S. Hill has dreams before bringing out his next game.
As for Zombie Tag, Don't sell the house to fund it!Zombie17
Hi StayPuft. It sorta sounds like fun.

Can the Heroes have limited number of bullets ? Starting with or finding a weapon is no matter to me.

Do the Heroes need to shoot a Zombie in the head ? It would seem correct, but then there is safety concerns.

Also, because i like fun. Can the killed Zombie be respawned ? That way your never really out of the game, and it would increase the number of Zombies as the game progresses.

Samurai, they dont have nerf toys where your from ?

http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/en_US/
(09-17-2012 09:21 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Samurai, they dont have nerf toys where your from ?

Nope. I've never seen or heard of 'em.
(09-17-2012 08:35 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]What in Beezlebub's a Nerf Gun and further more I wonder if Jason S. Hill has dreams before bringing out his next game.
As for Zombie Tag, Don't sell the house to fund it!Zombie17

Fund it? LOL! Fund it with what? It is a rather simple game. Did anybody have to fund tag? I would certainly hope not. You just tag each other and somebody is "it."

This is basically the same thing, except with zombies and heroes instead of just "It" and everybody else. Also, surprised you've never heard of Nerf. I never knew it was just a United States thing. Basically, to sum it up, Nerf is a brand name for a foam material. They make all sorts of stuff like sports balls, swords, etc. They also make toy guns. So, the guns shoot Nerf darts/balls/bullets/whatever, which are very soft and therefore do not hurt.

So, they would be the perfect things to use in a game like this so you can simulate shooting a zombie without hurting the actual person portraying the zombie.

(09-17-2012 09:21 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Hi StayPuft. It sorta sounds like fun.

Can the Heroes have limited number of bullets ? Starting with or finding a weapon is no matter to me.

Do the Heroes need to shoot a Zombie in the head ? It would seem correct, but then there is safety concerns.

Also, because i like fun. Can the killed Zombie be respawned ? That way your never really out of the game, and it would increase the number of Zombies as the game progresses.

Oh, like I said, the rules would definitely need to be constructed. We would definitely have to come up with some way to make sure the Nerf guns didn't make it too easy on the hero players. So, yeah, maybe they have to find the guns, or they are limited to how many bullets they have. Could even be a combination. Maybe the bullets come in simulated clips or something. So, you can find guns, you can find extra ammo, but once a bullet has been shot, it is considered to be spent. You cannot re-use it. The only bullets you can fire have to be from a clip, or whatever we'd come up with to show that they are un-used bullets.

I also like your idea of re-spawning. Maybe the thought would be that, once killed, they re-spawn after X number of seconds or whatever so that you are never truly out of the game.

Maybe the heroes would have to try to find a flag (imagine it as a chest full of supplies, or something) and bring it back to their base. Whereas, the zombies would just want to kill every last hero and turn them into zombies.

I'm sure we could come up with other specifics to the rules. In any case, it is just a very stupid, silly little idea that came to me in a dream. Thought it could actually be fun.
My little girl dual-wields two of these bad-boys:

[Image: 41ZLH3X5DiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

We play a "zombie" game of paintball that is similar. There is a zombie team and a hero team. Zombies have guns too, and heroes become zombies when shot anywhere by a zombie. Heroes need to get head shots to kill a zombie.
Sorry to burst your bubble dude but it has been done before. It's a game (and many variations) that mostly is played by students. Check youtube.

I like the different style of zombies though, the electric zombie idea is great.
I might just incorporate that in our next zombienight airsoft game Watchmen02
(09-17-2012 11:00 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]My little girl dual-wields two of these bad-boys:

[Image: 41ZLH3X5DiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

We play a "zombie" game of paintball that is similar. There is a zombie team and a hero team. Zombies have guns too, and heroes become zombies when shot anywhere by a zombie. Heroes need to get head shots to kill a zombie.

Awesome! And that Nerf gun would be perfect. In fact, maybe there could even be a variety of different types of Nerf guns. They have all sorts of different ones, so we could have a whole arsenal.

(09-18-2012 07:32 AM)Emp Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to burst your bubble dude but it has been done before. It's a game (and many variations) that mostly is played by students. Check youtube.

I like the different style of zombies though, the electric zombie idea is great.
I might just incorporate that in our next zombienight airsoft game Watchmen02

Oh, no worries. Nothing bursted here. I figured there could very well be something like that in existence. And I also wasn't about to try to make money off of it. I honestly wouldn't even know how to go about something like that. If we came up with all the rules and specifics, it was honestly just something I'd put freely online.

Anyways, wish I could take credit for any of the idea, the electric zombies included. I guess I sort of can. It was my crazy mind that dreamt it up while I slept. LOL!
Man, the dojo where I teach does these "Parents Night Out" NERF WAR Nights. We play a version where there are some survivors and they shoot cure bullets at the slow moving zombies and the goal is to turn them all back to humans before they reach the other side (more like plants versus zombies) The version in your dreams sounds super fun in a BIG Field! Wish our building was bigger it could be epic.
(09-19-2012 01:50 PM)SSTrunks85 Wrote: [ -> ]Man, the dojo where I teach does these "Parents Night Out" NERF WAR Nights. We play a version where there are some survivors and they shoot cure bullets at the slow moving zombies and the goal is to turn them all back to humans before they reach the other side (more like plants versus zombies) The version in your dreams sounds super fun in a BIG Field! Wish our building was bigger it could be epic.

That actually sounds pretty awesome too, though. I would love to play that game.
Reference URL's