TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Altering Hero Turn Procedures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, my group and I have been playing the turn procedures for Humans completely wrong over the past forever.

For some reason, we were ALL under the impression that the human turn goes like this:

1. Movement - EVERYONE moves.
2. Exchange - ANYONE can exchange
3. Range - All heroes with range ability can shoot
4. Fight - All fights are resolved

I'm about to tell my group tomorrow that we've been doing it wrong, because I just found out tonight that it's supposed to work so that each hero goes through those four phases before another hero does.

Do you guys think that the way we have been doing it truly changes the dynamic of the game? Would it essentially be the same thing? I'm even wondering if my friends will even want to switch to the real way, because doing it the way we have been really makes the game flow more. It's very open and spontaneous, rather than "Okay, your turn. Now your turn. Now your turn."

That's just speculation, of course, since I apparently haven't played it the real way before. And none of us are noobs with the game, mind you. We've all been playing for a long time, but for some reason we overlooked that rule.

Thoughts?
That is kind of how Fortune and Glory works. We did that one wrong a few times because it is different than the other flying frog games I have.

The way you are doing it now may be a hinderance for the heroes, since you do not know the outcome of fights, range, etc. before moving your next hero. The way it is written, you can have one hero clear a path for another, or join a fight to help if the first hero mucks it up. I think your group will like playing all four phases for each hero individually; it changes the strategy up and allows for you to react a bit better.
It will change for you....as you need to get used to doing it the right way. Also....the start of the hero turn is before the 1st hero moves. The end of the hero turn is when the last hero fights.

We almost did it your way, because of the way the turn sequence was worded in the rules.....but what they meant was....player A goes 1st this turn, but on the next turn player A can go 2nd or 3rd or last on the next turn.
Reference URL's