TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Two Player Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been looking on BGG for good two player games that I can play with my girlfriend. I have found the kosmos 2 player series and some of those games look really fun, but they all seem to be competitive which some times we just want to play a coop game. I have some good ones like GoW and AToE but those games take a long amount of time to play and some times we just want to play for 30-40 minutes. What have you played that is good? I'm not only interested in coop games we do like competitive games as well.
You can try Castle panic and play the Co-Op option. Forbidden island plays well and doesnt eat too much table space.
I will check them out on BGG. I have seen a lot of forbidden island but I haven't looked into to very closely.
I have both forbidden Island and Pandemic. They are by the same designer and, asside from themeing are remarkably similar. I greatly prefer Pandemic though, because it is a lot more strategic and complex. I use forbidden Island as an intro game.

I also have Castle Panic, and can't reccomend it. I don't feel like it has any strategy at all. It seems to me that it is always obvious what the best move is. I don't have any fun with it because I don't feel any challange. I've won or lost as soon as the deck is shuffled, I just have to go through the motions of playing the game until I find out which it is.
Elder sign
Infiltration (semi coop) all buddy untill alarm then every man for himself
Pandemic
I have played pandemic a really like it a lot. I have noticed a lot lately that game developers have a lot of recycled game machanics from their other games. It's good to have a second opinion about castle panic, I'm still making that decision.

I own elder signs already and love it a lot.Infultration looked good but it's set in the android universe and my friends and I played that game and really didn't like it, it made us all just want to play a good RPG, so I am having mixed feelings about that particular game? I do actually live by the Fantasy Flight head quarters and they have a space where you can go and rent their games so I will probably rent it at some point and try it.

Ok so that's a lot of good coop games now what are some good competitive games?
I would recommend 1960: The Making of the President. IT simulates the 1960 election between Kennedy & Nixon. Its 2-player, easy to learn, and you two should really enjoy it. My wife and I love that game and we have more than gotten our moeny's worth on it. Additionally another one you might want to look into is Twilight Struggle. It simulates the entire Cold War and all the events in it. Its a little more complex that 1960, and once you have grown tired of that game (which is a bit difficult since its so well done) I recommend jumping into Twilight Struggle.
Thanks I will check it out.
(10-15-2012 07:02 PM)Karden5048 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks I will check it out.

Are there any Themes you & your GF are interested in,
it would help with some other suggestions.

OD
Claustrophobia. Designed as a 2 player & ONLY a 2 player. Competitive only, lots of replay value & variability due to scenarios, asymetric powers, etc. Tense, challenging, well balanced. Great game.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's