TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Timber Peak - Question about fire deaths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-22-2012 08:02 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]There aren't really very many situations I know of in the game where your character can intentionally sacrifice themselves.

Fires offer a good opportunity for any player to intentionally kill their models to prevent the opposing side from claiming the kill. For example, Die Zombies Die require the Heroes to kill 15 Zombies. If Fire Deaths don't count toward the opposing side, then the Zombie player can just walk his Zombies into Fires with the hope that the Fires will kill the Zombies (and then he can argue that the Heroes did not kill the Zombies - the Fires did).

It's the same for IFOS, where the Fire mechanic started. In the Invasion Scenario, the Heroes are required to kill 20 Martians and the Martians are required to kill 2 Heroes. A near-death Hero, played by a "loopholer", could easily run his near-death Hero into a Fire, die, and claim that the Martians did not kill the Hero. Same goes for the Martian player. See, all it takes is for a player to move his models into the Fire, and they would die.

I'm hoping that none of us would stoop to this sort of gameplay as it breaks the spirit of the game, at least in my opinion. Ruling that Fire Deaths count towards the opposing side would stop this behavior.
(09-28-2012 08:50 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]I'm strongly with the "every hero death is a zombie point". Even in the Father Joe situation -- the ZP was the one who engineered the situation that made the players think the sacrifice was necessary...

This is a good point.

And if a hero's self-sacrifice doesn't count for a zombie's kill total, what's to stop the heroes from spending the first few turns killing off a bunch of people to build barricades?
That's a good point from both of you. Thank you.

As you said, LabRat, I would certainly hope nobody would do that, as that certainly isn't being a very good sport. However, I'm sure there are plenty of less scrupulous players who would do that sort of thing. So, that is definitely a good point. Having fire deaths count either way would certainly help in that regard.

Still, you can see where there is argument on either side. To be honest, fires are one where I would definitely agree it should count either way. I more so lean towards the opposite with Father Joseph's power, for example. But, that is another one that can go either way.
I have kited zombies away from the manor house one time using there zombie hunger and then blowing myself up with dynamite to take out a number of zombies....that may be one way I have sacrificed myself to give my other heroes time to complete scenario objectives.

We counted this toward the hero death total. It was a small price to pay since next turn allowed for our victory.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's