TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hi everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Man, I had a whole list typed in and accidentally refreshed my browser!
Welcome to the boards. I haven't yet played IFOS, but am excited to try it. However, I am absolutely obsessed with LNOE. ;-)

When you do get your copy of LNOE, you definitely eventually have to try to combine the two games. Remember, you can actually play them together. I know there is at least one official Flying Frog scenario for it. I think it was one of the Web scenarios on their website, but somebody could fill us in if I am wrong.
How Martians are different from Zombies:

1. Ray Gun Attacks
- You're able to cover more ground since Ray Gun attacks can target the occupied space and adjacent spaces, whereas Zombies can only attack in the space they're in.
- Having Ray Gun attacks can mean two attacks for a Martian Pack that's occupying the same space as a Hero (the Ray Gun attack and the standard Fight)
- Ray Gun Attacks allow the Martians to deal damage while avoiding retaliation

2. The Martian Command Phase allows the Martian player to do any one of the following per turn:
- draw more cards (max. hand size is 6)
- summon Martian Champions
- summon immediate reinforcements (imagine spawning Zombies before the Move Zombies Phase without playing any cards)
- move the landing sites (Martian equivalent of the spawning pits)
- build Martian Tech (kind of like Zombie events but are harder to cancel/counter)

The Command Phase, by itself, changes the gameplay a whole lot. Unlike the zombies where, outside of controlling where Zombies go you're really leaning on luck in terms of good card draws and good dice rolls, the Martians provide you more control over what's going to happen.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's