TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Dual Wielding Melee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I'm sure you all know, we're allowed to carry a number of items: 2 Melee and/or Ranged weapons.

While Ranged weapons may only be used one at a time due to the rules stating making one Ranged Attack per turn, does that mean you can dual wield melee weapons? Could Jenny use a Baseball Bat while carrying a Meat Cleaver for rerolls and kills on 6? Just curious.

Also, if you draw a 3rd weapon on your Hero and have enough item slots, do you let your group 'carry' that weapon, and keeping it inactive until the player chooses to activate it on non-combat turn phases, or do you let him choose and discard down?
(10-03-2012 05:02 AM)Bokya Wrote: [ -> ]While Ranged weapons may only be used one at a time due to the rules stating making one Ranged Attack per turn, does that mean you can dual wield melee weapons? Could Jenny use a Baseball Bat while carrying a Meat Cleaver for rerolls and kills on 6? Just curious.

Yes. Only the zombie is limited to one fight card per fight. There are some really nasty combos if you play your cards right...

(10-03-2012 05:02 AM)Bokya Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if you draw a 3rd weapon on your Hero and have enough item slots, do you let your group 'carry' that weapon, and keeping it inactive until the player chooses to activate it on non-combat turn phases, or do you let him choose and discard down?
The rules state you should immediately discard. As I recall you are allowed to "exchange items" with a player in your space before the forced discard, thus making the card available to this player if he/she is allowed to carryhat weapon item.
Both answers, I expected. But it's nice to have a confirmation.

That said, how do Zombies actually deal with a situation when a bunch of Heroes get extremely good items? Is it just run and hide?
(10-03-2012 07:32 AM)Bokya Wrote: [ -> ]Both answers, I expected. But it's nice to have a confirmation.

That said, how do Zombies actually deal with a situation when a bunch of Heroes get extremely good items? Is it just run and hide?

You should always try to attack in waves. Simply use the quality of quantity. If you are repeatedly able to attack a hero in his/her space you will only need a few lucky die rolls to cause some serious pain.

There are some fine strategy guides for both heroes and ZPs. Here is an excellent ZP strategy guide on BGG.
(10-03-2012 07:32 AM)Bokya Wrote: [ -> ]That said, how do Zombies actually deal with a situation when a bunch of Heroes get extremely good items? Is it just run and hide?

Hi, never run and hide ?????

Always divide and conquer
(10-03-2012 06:06 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2012 07:32 AM)Bokya Wrote: [ -> ]That said, how do Zombies actually deal with a situation when a bunch of Heroes get extremely good items? Is it just run and hide?

Hi, never run and hide ?????

Always divide and conquer

I would agree with PJON. Use whatever tactics you can employ. Try to get the heroes divided, try to send a big swarm towards the same hero, etc. Also, don't forget that there are sometimes cards that can help you by forcing them to lose weapons. Not to mention, most weapons have some kind of break test, meaning the more they use them, the more likely it is they will eventually lose them.

But, the most important thing to remember in this situation as the zombie player(s) is that if they kill some of your zombies, there are still opportunities to bring them back (by rolling enough to spawn more, or through certain cards). So, unless there is a good reason to do so, never worry about protecting your zombies. ;-)
I ended up using the 'Run Away' tactic in Die, Zombies, Die after the turns fell to about 4 or so. Split all Zombies up, run away from heroes. The players were about as shocked as you guys were. lol
Well, DZD is a different story... It's also not a real scenario :P
Best practice that I have seen with zombies vs loaded heroes is to put the pressure on. Between break tests and Zombies winning on ties (usually), the zombies usually come out on top.
I will have to utilized what I have learned here in my future games, also the player strategy on BGG will be most helpful.
Reference URL's