TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Moving through a "zombie fence"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For some reason I can't manage to get pictures in my posts so we're going to have to use our imagination here. Picture a 2x2 grid on the game board;

Bottom Right: Hero
Bottom Left: Zombie
Upper Right: Zombie
Upper Left: Open Space

Can the hero move to the open space? I'm seeing it as just narrowly escaping the clutches of the zombies..am I correct?

Thanks!
Yes, the diagonal movement is fine.
(10-04-2012 03:21 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the diagonal movement is fine.

I concur. The zeds don't take up the space as a building would.

Have you tried using a different browser?
(10-04-2012 05:30 PM)scarydk Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2012 03:21 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the diagonal movement is fine.

I concur. The zeds don't take up the space as a building would.

Have you tried using a different browser?

I tried with safari on my personal macbook and tried internet explorer on my work pc.. :/
Everybody else covered it, but I will just chime in that I agree. There is no problem with this at all. You are allowed to move diagonally so long as nothing else is blocking your space. So, in this example, you can squeeze safely by the zombies.
Just a followup question, somewhat related to this. What occurs in this situation?

OXO
OXX
OOO

O = Open Space
X = Wall Tile

Can I get from the O on the second line to the 2nd O of the 3rd line by just spending one move, or do i have to spend 2 move to get it? Does it differ if I'm a youth? I ask this because doing the following is legal in some custom scenarios:

OOXO
OOXX
XXOO
OXOO

Going from the 2nd O in the 2nd Row to the 1st O in the 3rd row is only allowed if you're a youth, because you're supposedly 'small and flexible'. Does this also apply for building corners? Can Adults do this as well in terms of the first diagram?
(10-05-2012 06:23 AM)Bokya Wrote: [ -> ]Just a followup question, somewhat related to this. What occurs in this situation?

OXO
OXX
OOO

O = Open Space
X = Wall Tile

Can I get from the O on the second line to the 2nd O of the 3rd line by just spending one move, or do i have to spend 2 move to get it?

It only costs you 1 move as these spaces are treated as adjacent Outdoor Spaces.

(10-05-2012 06:23 AM)Bokya Wrote: [ -> ]OOXO
OOXX
XXOO
OXOO

Going from the 2nd O in the 2nd Row to the 1st O in the 3rd row is only allowed if you're a youth, because you're supposedly 'small and flexible'. Does this also apply for building corners? Can Adults do this as well in terms of the first diagram?

What you are referring to is the so called Pinch Point:

[attachment=1713]

I recall having tried the rule you mention. However, I'd go with the agility rule from the IFOS/LNoE crossover:

IFOS/LNoE crossover Wrote:A Pinch Point is where two buildings meet at a diagonal corner. (...)
If a Hero wants to move through a Pinch Point, they must first pass an Agility Test. If successful, the Hero may move through the Pinch Point without problem and continue on their way. If the test is failed though, the Hero’s move immediately ends in the space before passing through the Pinch Point.
The Agility value is simply based on the starting number of Health Boxes (+) that a Hero Character has. For example, Johnny the High School Quarterback has 2 Health Boxes so his Agility value is 2+ whereas Sam the Diner Cook has 4 Health Boxes so his Agility value is 4+.
Exactly as you interpreted it. So Movement has no problems whatsoever even if there's a corner, unless it's a pinch point? Is Agility the better route to go here? I know it does actually allow more people overall to pass it, I can see it has downsides as well (Such as those people who need to pass a zone but fail consecutively).

The first answer was more important though, as it's far more likely to come up in a game. Thanks so much for that.
Played the other night and this came up: Moving between a building corner and a zombie

OXO
XXO
OOZ

Z = Zombie

Can a hero move from the middle O in the bottom row to the right O in the middle row by moving diagonally? When we played it we all agreed yes but i just needed some clarafication for next time.
(11-02-2012 11:29 PM)TheBaz666 Wrote: [ -> ]Can a hero move from the middle O in the bottom row to the right O in the middle row by moving diagonally? When we played it we all agreed yes but i just needed some clarafication for next time.

Yes. Since you are moving diagonally, you don't move into the space occupied by the zombie.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's