TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Ranged attack when buildings are side by side?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When two buildings are side by side on the board, can a hero shoot from one building into the other building?
As I recall such adjacent buildings count as having shared walls and as such shooting shouldn't be any different than if you where shooting into the building from any outside space adjacent to the wall.
Good deal, that's how we played it out. Thanks scarydk
That is good to know. I hadn't known that. I would have assumed that two walls mean that you cannot shoot through, since that would mean a zombie in the other building is not adjacent to the wall by which you are currently standing. Was not aware you could still treat that as though you could shoot through to the zombie.
As long as your Hero is next to the adjoining wall he can shoot into the other building. Here's an example underneath. (Ignore the fullstops)
(I) represents a wall
(H) represents a Hero
(Z) represents a Zombie.

I... HI... ZI

Above in example 1. This would be a valid shot, as the Hero is next to the wall.

I... H... I... ZI
Above in example 2. This would not be a valid shot, as the Hero is not next to the Wall.

Hope this helps. Anymore rule questions. Fire away and happy gaming.
(10-10-2012 08:28 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]As long as your Hero is next to the adjoining wall he can shoot into the other building. Here's an example underneath. (Ignore the fullstops)
(I) represents a wall
(H) represents a Hero
(Z) represents a Zombie.

I... HI... ZI

Above in example 1. This would be a valid shot, as the Hero is next to the wall.

I... H... I... ZI
Above in example 2. This would not be a valid shot, as the Hero is not next to the Wall.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that is quite what was being asked.

Using your examples, I think they were more asking something like this:

I... HII Z...I

In other words, two buildings are touching. The hero is against the wall of one building, and the zombie is against the wall of the other. Can this be treated as the hero looking through both windows, or should it be treated as though he is looking through one window to a brick wall? In other words, can he/she shoot at the zombie?

I think this situation can only really come up in special scenarios where you use more than the standard 4 L shaped pieces.
(10-15-2012 08:12 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2012 08:28 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]As long as your Hero is next to the adjoining wall he can shoot into the other building. Here's an example underneath. (Ignore the fullstops)
(I) represents a wall
(H) represents a Hero
(Z) represents a Zombie.

I... HI... ZI

I... H... I... ZI

I could be wrong, but I don't think that is quite what was being asked.

Using your examples, I think they were more asking something like this:

I... HII Z...I

In other words, two buildings are touching. The hero is against the wall of one building, and the zombie is against the wall of the other. Can this be treated as the hero looking through both windows, or should it be treated as though he is looking through one window to a brick wall? In other words, can he/she shoot at the zombie?

I think this situation can only really come up in special scenarios where you use more than the standard 4 L shaped pieces.

The double wall still counts as one wall. The Hero can shoot the Zombie.
Cool! That did seem to be the general thought here. Which is good to know because I would have assumed the opposite. Pretty cool.
Reference URL's