TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Left 4 Dead Charger miniature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(11-04-2012 05:59 AM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]We have Super Glue in the UK it's what I use it's strong as hell!

Well Ive learned not to buy it from cheap dollar stores Watchmen02
Do you build your models in sculptris out of one "ball" or are that seperate pieces you mold and put together?

Using super glue (locktite is a brand overhere) should do the trick.
Have you tried sanding the pieces you want to stick together. Just a little so the surface is a little "rough" that way the glue will hold better.
(11-04-2012 09:17 AM)Emp Wrote: [ -> ]Do you build your models in sculptris out of one "ball" or are that seperate pieces you mold and put together?

Using super glue (locktite is a brand overhere) should do the trick.
Have you tried sanding the pieces you want to stick together. Just a little so the surface is a little "rough" that way the glue will hold better.

Hey Emp,

I start off using a base mesh usually and break it down in stages of detail.
You can down load Blender ( a 3d modeling app) for free to use to model a base first before sculpting BTW.

Here's the Charger mini mounted to the 20mm base.
This particular material is the cheapest BTW.
This one I will try my hand at painting.

I have a medium detailed one which i will try to make a mold from.

I havent yet ordered one using the highest detailed material yet.
Its very expensive.

And here's the Saxton Hale mini
Very cool stuff here! It has to be quite a kick to hold a physical mini in your hands that you completely sculpted in software.
(11-11-2012 01:02 AM)supervike Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool stuff here! It has to be quite a kick to hold a physical mini in your hands that you completely sculpted in software.

Thanks SuperVike, it truly is rewarding.
Poor zombies don't stand a chance against Saxton Hale
(11-17-2012 11:09 PM)D153453D Wrote: [ -> ]Poor zombies don't stand a chance against Saxton Hale

LOL...no they dont Watchmen02
First painted miniature, I really dont know what the hell Im doing! Watchmen02
Awesome work. Especially down to the fact you designed the miniature as well. Great painting thanks for sharing!
(12-09-2012 02:45 AM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome work. Especially down to the fact you designed the miniature as well. Great painting thanks for sharing!

Thanks man.

But I have a long way to go in grasping painting.
One thing I have to say is the material of the 3d print felt like I was painting on sandpaper. That seemed to make it harder IMO to paint it.

Im trying a Mansions of Madness mini right now which is much different and much smoother to apply paint. I think Im having an easier time. Not to mention the more details the easier I think it will be.

Glad you appreciate taking a look Watchmen02
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's