TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The "Heroic Resolve" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not about the card - this is the opposite of the "moments that make you cringe" thread where we get to share moments when our LNOE heroes did the unthinkable and showed what they were really made of.

I shared a few of mine in the cringe thread - I had two heroic resolve moments in a Defend the Manor game that I played last week.

The first moment came on the first Zombie turn where my nephew (playing the zombies) drew into "Oh my God, they've taken over the..." and rolled the High School, where Sally was. Without even having the chance to take a turn, Sally found herself surrounded by 4 zombies. SHE KILLED 3 of them WITH HER BARE HANDS!!! She lost to the 4th zombie, but I can't take her Heroic Resolve moment because of that, especially since she managed to survive until the last turn, falling to the zombies in a desperate attempt to keep them away from the manor.

The second heroic resolve moment is for our favorite drifter, Jake Cartwright. After spending a night with Sally, Jake took it upon himself to stop the line of zombies coming into the manor from the NW corner of the board. Armed with a meat cleaver, Jake kept rolling sixes, killing one zombie after another (I think he managed to kill 6-7 zombies just by rolling a six each fight). Without this feat, the Manor would've been surely overrun by the undead.
I mentioned one of these in the midst of my "moments that make you cringe" thread, too.

And, oddly, it was also about Sally: Poor Sally was surrounded by 8 zombies in her square. I wrote her off as dead, but she fended off or killed 7 of the 8 zombies!!! Only one of em managed to wound her. It was pretty amazing.

Guess there's a reason Sally made it to Timber Peaks.
Sadly, I can't remember which character I had. I also forget if it was dynamite or gasoline. However, one time I was playing with a friend of mine. I'd introduced him to the game. During this round of the game, he was zombies and I was heroes. At one point, he must have had about 8 or 9 zombies all on the same space all headed for the same hero.

It just so happens that said hero had dynamite (or gas, like I said, I forget which). So, he threw it at the space, began to roll, and as it turns out, EVERY SINGLE zombie in the space died. That was quite an epic moment! ;-)
Reference URL's