TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The Dresden Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, to be honest I push this book series on anyone with even the slightest sense of nerd in them. I just love this series so much and I hope others do as well.

The Dresden Files follows Harry Dresden, a private investigator who works with the Chicago PD special investigations unit. They are the ones that handle all of those weird and unusual cases. Harry does a great job helping them because, well, he's a wizard.

I love the take on magic that the author, Jim Butcher, does. It's not your DnD type of magic, and in fact he pokes fun at it in a couple places. He has this very well thought out world that could very easily slide right into our real world without much trouble (barring a few slight events). If you like ghosts, zombies, werewolves, elves, vampires, spell-slinging, crime-solving, fast-talking, or pretty much anything written on a piece of paper, there is something in this series that is for you.
Hi. i did read most of the series. I enjoyed them
Thanksgiving comes late this year: the next Dresden book comes out right after it. =]
You might also try his more fantasy setting series The Codex Alara. Rather than using magic, the people of Alara have learned to control the spirits of the land, known as Furies. Everyone is able to do this, and Furycrafting is used in just about everything from military service to hunting and farming. The series follows a boy named Tavi, who is the only person in the history of Alara to be unable to use furies.
I keep seeing them at the Book Store but there are so many
if I start I'll be sucked into buying them allZombie12

OD
It's worth it! I started the series shortly before the 11th book came out. You may be able to find them at used book stores. I try and keep an eye out for the first book for cheap so I can give it out to friends and co-workers. It also has a really interesting pen&paper RPG. It is easy to get sucked in, but it's so good!
Reference URL's