TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: All Hallow Eve 2 Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I have an odd question about All Hallow Eve 2. The scenario rules can be found here

Download Flying Frog Productions Web Content Here
All Hallows Eve 2: The Ritual.pdf

If you have never played it, its one of my favs. It has 6 heroes, 21 Zombies and used all 8 L boards.

In The scenario Father Joseph is busy performing a ritual that will save Woodinvale from the Zombie horde. During the Game Father Joe has special abilities, like killing Zombies with a Column of Holy Fire, he does not have to fight Zombies during the Hero turn, and wins fights on ties.

Father Joseph is not a playable character during this scenario. He is on the board, center of town, with his ritual table. He does not get any actions. No movement, no search, no raged attack, no need to fight during his turn. In return he gets special abilites as other actions.

So, my question. If during the Zombie turn, when Father Joe does have to fight. If a Zombie attacks Father Joe, and uses

Fighting Instincts
Play at the start of the fight, before any Fight Dice are rolled.

Fight:
Choose any Hand Weapon from the Hero discard pile. The Zombie may use that weapon's Combat Bonus for this one fight (for weapon text, treat the Zombie as the 'Hero' and the target Hero as a 'Zombie').

If the Zombnie player picks the

Jumper Cables
COMBAT BONUS:
The Hero may move any Zombie beaten in a fight up to 2 spaces in any direction.

After each use, Breaks on 1 or 2 (Discard)

and successfully wins the fight. They can move Father Joseph out of the center of twon ???

Can Father Joseph move ? I think no.
Do the heroes lose because Father Joe is not with his ritual table ? I think Father Joe still does not get a move action. What happens ?

Thankz
That is a tough one.

From a strictly rules point of view I would say that scenario would move him, and put the heroes in a world of hurt. The win conditions are very specific and the heroes would need to find a way to move him back before the end of the game. Fr Joseph still wouldn't get a move action, but if someone traded him the item T.J., Thoroughbred he could use it to get back to the alter. I would also say that Fr Joseph, as long as he is out of the center space, no longer wins on ties because the scenario says that it is because he is at the ritual table that he gains that ability. He would still get to use the ritual circle, because that doesn't reference the alter. This would be a very tough spot for the heroes, but better for them than if the zombie had gotten its hands on a sledge hammer.

Thematically all that rules talk makes very little sense. What type of ritual is Father preforming that he is too busy to move or use his strength of spirit, but does have time to use the ritual circle to send down holy fire? Is he in some kind out of body trance? If so, how does he fight the zombies on their turn? Does he fight the zombies in his space as some sort of astral projection? Is the explanation of him winning on ties only when he is at the alter that it somehow makes his projection stronger? Does giving him a physical chainsaw give his projection some sort of spectral chainsaw? Does a spectral chainsaw use gas? If he lost a fight using his spectral chainsaw would discarding real gas work to keep it running? How can he not walk two spaces back to the alter, but he can mount and ride a horse? Do the other heroes put him on the horse? If he is in such a deep trance why can he still get caught bickering with someone else in his space? Way too many questions, but coming up with those answers is part of what makes this game fun.
Hi Ogthar. Thank you for your reply.

Sad to say i would have preferd the sledge, or garden shears, or a chain saw, a bat even. Nope all there was, was the jumper cables Insane19 There were two guns, but Zombies are only smart enough to use a hand weapon.

Never thought about the horse'. I or we didnt know how to rule the situation, so I let it go. Now that there is a solution....maybe I will want the cables after all.

T.J., Thoroughbred
At any time, you may discard this card to immediately move the Hero up to D6 spaces (or 6 spaces if Jenny).

Yeah, i would say that works. The Hereos wanted to insist that, now that he is no longer on the table he should have a normal turn, like any other hero. I strongly disagreed with that. He is non-playable.

Thankz
Follow up Question,

If Father Joe is then moved into a space with only Zombies in it. Would he now also have to fight those Zombies ?
Any time really means any time for this card. It can be used in a fight to cancel the fight by moving away, so I would think that it would depend on when he was moved. I think he would only have to immediately fight any zombies in the space if he used it during the zombie fight phase since he doesn't have a fight phase of his own. I'm not even 100% sure that you can't move therough zombies on the horse since the card doesn't say move action, just move.

I'm pretty sure that with my group and I was the zombie player we would have ended up letting Fr Joseph have a move phase, but no other phases and have it cost them a turn on the sun tracker. I don't know what would happen if I was the heroes, they tend to gang up on me since I win 90% of any games we play, but I wouldn't be the only hero so who knows. I could also see a compromise of letting the heroes have a turn where Fr Joseph gets a full turn, but none of the other heroes do.
I would say that the spirit of the scenario is that Joe is immobile and cannot be moved by any means.
(10-26-2012 01:34 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]I would say that the spirit of the scenario is that Joe is immobile and cannot be moved by any means.

Hi. For as many times i have played this scenario, moving Father Joe was never even imagined. If there was a sledge, meat clever, chainsaw, crap a crow bar even. I would have never looked at the jumper cables.

I think i found a glitch, or tactic in the scenario. Im just not sure which Watchmen02
Reference URL's