TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Prevent a zombie from being "automatically killed" used on a gun?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my game night yesterday, I was playing on the hero team. At one point, I used a gun (I forget which) and was successful in shooting and killing a zombie... until the zombie player threw out a card (I forget the exact card and the exact wording) that said he could prevent a zombie from being "instantly killed."

It occurred to me that I was not 100% sure if this included guns. There are some cards that specifically say they allow you to "instantly kill" a zombie one way or another. They actually specifically use those words. So, I wasn't sure if the card he used only referred to situations like that, or were guns also included?

To be fair, since I did not know for sure, we erred on the side of caution, allowing him to use it, meaning that the gun did NOT kill the zombie after all. Did we do this correctly?
Feels No Pain is the card. It prevents any kill -- INCLUDING those that usually can't be prevented by being "instantly" killed.
Shoot it again...
(10-25-2012 08:43 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]In my game night yesterday, I was playing on the hero team. At one point, I used a gun (I forget which) and was successful in shooting and killing a zombie... until the zombie player threw out a card (I forget the exact card and the exact wording) that said he could prevent a zombie from being "instantly killed."

It occurred to me that I was not 100% sure if this included guns. There are some cards that specifically say they allow you to "instantly kill" a zombie one way or another. They actually specifically use those words. So, I wasn't sure if the card he used only referred to situations like that, or were guns also included?

To be fair, since I did not know for sure, we erred on the side of caution, allowing him to use it, meaning that the gun did NOT kill the zombie after all. Did we do this correctly?

You ruled it correctly, StayPuft. A kill is a kill, be it hand weapon or ranged weapon. At the end of the day 1 wound on the average zombie is an instant kill.
There is a difference from kill and instantly kill. Chainsaw says kill, meat cleaver says instantly kill. If a zombie rolls a 5 and a human rolls a 6 is the scenario. If it was with the chainsaw, he would win the fight and kill him. However the zombie player could 'hate' and force a reroll, or play any other of those cards that effect fight dice and possibly win. The meat cleaver, however, says instantly which means no cards can be played. Big difference. Now, here is where it gets to be a pretty stupid mechanic. If you can't play cards or use abilities to effect a instantly killed, why is there a card that says Play to prevent an instantly killed. There is no timing in the rules to allow for it. We always just say, it's a fluke card that bends the rules on that.
(10-26-2012 01:08 PM)Orguss Wrote: [ -> ]There is a difference from kill and instantly kill.

Yes, yes... brain freeze. Apologies if confusion caused.

Cross between "out of game" intent to articulate, using in game terminology (facepalm)...and... consumption of pear cider - was damn good stuff actually!
Wait... So we kind of went back and forth there. What did we determine, then? Would a card allowing you to prevent a zombie from being "instantly killed" be permitted to be used to stop a zombie from being killed by a gun?

Technically, isn't a gun just one wound? Most zombies die from one wound, but if you shoot a Zombie Hero, for example, that isn't really an instant kill, it is one wound, right? So, technically, did we use this correctly?
I would use it to prevent any kill (gun, melee, whatever), including an instant kill via the meat clever.

When unsure I always go with protecting a hero or zed rather than killing/wounding them. Benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty, etc., etc.
Hi staypuft sorry it took me a while to get around to this one
Jason C. Hill says

Feels No Pain
'The Zombie Card 'Feels no Pain' only works to prevent a Zombie from being 'Instantly Killed' like by the Meat Cleaver for instance. It does not work for preventing any other form of being Killed. This is a pretty specific circumstance which is why there is another possible card effect on the 'Feels no Pain' card that has a much more general use.'

Hope this helps
(10-30-2012 11:50 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi staypuft sorry it took me a while to get around to this one
Jason C. Hill says

Feels No Pain
'The Zombie Card 'Feels no Pain' only works to prevent a Zombie from being 'Instantly Killed' like by the Meat Cleaver for instance. It does not work for preventing any other form of being Killed. This is a pretty specific circumstance which is why there is another possible card effect on the 'Feels no Pain' card that has a much more general use.'

Hope this helps
I stand corrected. Hilarious.

Been doing it wrong since Day 1. Lol.

Thanks for the clarification, Samurai.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's