TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Smell of Brains question - multiple heroes in the same spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had another question come up in my game night last night. The zombie player used "The Smell of Brains" and was successful in wounding the hero. It just so happens that there was only one zombie within range, so that zombie moved in for the fight.

I believe I recall clarifying once before, but this means that this zombie DOES get to fight right away. So, that being the case, this led to a question I had.

In this game, there happened to be two heroes in that very same spot. Does the zombie automatically fight the hero who was wounded, or can the HP still instead choose to have the other hero take the fight?

For that matter, say instead of just one zombie, there had been two in range. Do the heroes still have to divide the fights evenly, meaning in that case, they both take one fight? Or, because of the card, is it only the hero who triggered the card who takes any fights, meaning he/she would then have to fight BOTH new zombies in that case?

Anybody know the answers to these ones?
Hi, sad to say.

The darn brain buckets, aka Heroes, still get to divide the fight or fights anyway they choose, provided the Zombies are divided between the heroes as equal as possible.

Any Zombies and heroes already paired off, or prepared to fight the Zombies already in the space, can not change the pre Smell of Brains arrangement. Thye must now fight any additional Zombie now entered into the space.

my $ 0.02
I, too, understand the rules to be that the Heroes always choose when there is an unequal number of Heroes vs Zombies.
Thanks. This is defintiely what I thought, but I wanted to be sure, as I could have easily seen that going either way. Technically, it is the hero's wound that attracted the zombies as result of the card being played, so I could see it argued thematically that they came right after the wounded hero.

However, I could also see it argued thematically that they did come right after the wounded hero, but the other hero, being right there, was able to jump in and help that hero fight some of them.

That does seem to be the way the rules would suggest you go, so I agree that I think this is the right call. The heroes still divide the fights as evenly as possible.

Thanks!
Reference URL's