TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Tannhauser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have this?
How highly can you recommend this?

I understand that its like a Call of Duty type video made into a board game.
But can you play coop or solo?

Thanks
I'm not much of a fan of it. The rules are pretty kludgy. There has been a revision since then, but I'm not willing to try again. The way LOS works is just weird -- the maps are pre-printed with "areas that can see each other if they're the same color".
A let down for me,even with the expansions you still feel Like your playing the same rooms over & over (cause you are)
The Pathfinder System makes designing new scenarios difficult & the 1st Ed Rules as Mqstout noted were super Kludgy.
I also never cared enough to check out the reviesed rules.

It's possible to play Co-OP as either side,Solo would need a whole new set of House Rules.
Liked the Theme but the game just never jelled for me.

I use Nuklear Winter 68 as my Weird WWII fix.

"The former German territory, transformed into a wasteland by the nuclear holocaust that ended the Second World War in 1946, is the hostile setting of a new conflict between old enemies clenched in a struggle for the future of mankind.

Surviving Nazi leaders and Wehrmacht forces resurface in 1968 from underground shelters to rebuild an empire from the ashes of the world. Oblivious of the climatic, technological and political changes inflicted by more than 20 years of nuclear winter, they are about to face the mysterious Black Hand - elusive, abhorrent masters of the wastes, and the combined might of the modern, highly mechanized and versatile NATO alliance.

Units represent platoons of vehicles like T64 or King Tiger tanks, infantry, or helicopters. The platoons are grouped into formations and lead by a commander. The formations are activated by chit draw, and better-trained, better-led units can activate more than once in a turn, moving, shooting, and fighting in each activation. On the flip side of a coin, there is no guarantee that a formation will activate even once."

OD
Thanks, I appreciate and respect all your opinions on here very much.
(10-26-2012 07:04 PM)wisdomknight Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I appreciate and respect all your opinions on here very much.

Owned it, alot of it...sold it.

Rules funky, system is at end of life per FFG. last miniature released last week.
Its basicaly a pc shooter deathmatch on tabletop.

Avoid.
(10-26-2012 09:16 PM)Atraangelis Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2012 07:04 PM)wisdomknight Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I appreciate and respect all your opinions on here very much.

Owned it, alot of it...sold it.

Rules funky, system is at end of life per FFG. last miniature released last week.
Its basicaly a pc shooter deathmatch on tabletop.

Avoid.

Thanks guys, you all saved me some money it seems
I have it with the revised rules and really enjoy it. It's not game I pull out too often but it's a great fast paced team vs frag fest. The pathfinder system is cool an the mini's are great for people (like me) who dont paint.

Only downside is it's a little expensive
I have to say, I really enjoy it. Yes, it does just boil down to a PvP fragfest, but there are some cool characters, great components, and fun fluff.
I was hoping it would a fun combat game mechanic to play with.
Thats what I got from the ads and such.
Bought it because it looked cool. Never played it.

Quality of the pieces is top notch.
Reference URL's