TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombicide vs LNoE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK someone had to make this postWatchmen02

I'm in an interesting position on this subject(well IMO)
I'm really not into the Zed thing,I got LNoE as it was
cool looking(Modular Boards,nice figs,good background)
and was so far above the kill fest of previous Zed Games.

Then FFP gave us AToE which became one my all time fave
& really limited my LNoE Gaming.( I do however have
all the LNoE box expansions)

Recently Zombicide blew up Kickstarter but I resisted
as I have vague doubts about Kickstarter although
when phantomninja posted here about the Game it did seem
interesting.So to cut to chase CSI had a good deal
on Zombicide & I had some extra B-Day plastic I
pulled the trigger.

This just my way of explaining that I have both Games
but have not played LNoE in a couple of years & my
new Zombicide Game hasn't hit the table yet.Thus,
I really have no firm comparision between the two,
except Zombicide can be played easily Solo as there
is no active Zed player.

I know we have members who have both Games
(after all phantomninja Zobmicide is 10 pages & counting)
So anyone who has played both want to offer up a comparison/Opinion between the two.

OD
LNOE is better in my opinion.

Zombicide is neat, but it's not nearly as dynamic as LNOE. It is nice that you can play solo though. And the figs are cool.
I should also say I've only played a few rounds of Zombicide.

Still waiting for my copy of Zpocalypse. Sounds like they are finishing it up here soon.
I've played several Zombicide games now & LNoE is the deeper
game but I must say Zombicide does a great job in giving
you the feel of shambling hordes.

OD
My girlfriend loves being the zombie player in LNOE. I have all the expansions minus Timber Peak and really like the game. I feel it has a lot of strategy and depth. I am on the fence about Zombicide. My GF feels we don't "need" another zombie game (also own city of horror) but I see this can be played solo so that is a plus. Our LNOE games average 1.5-3 hours, does Zombicide play shorter? If so I might be able to convince her to use this as a filler game though we have a bunch of good ones already (seasons, quarriors, elder signe etc.). Our gaming time is limited so this is why I have to justify owning another game. Ultimately I would like to get her to play with me, are the two games different enough to warrant owning both?
I haven't played Zombicide, but I consider LNOE an almost perfect zombie game. The only thing I feel really should be worked on is playing zombies with 2 players. It's unnecessarily clunky. The game feels great when playing one is the only zombie player, but things feel bogged down when there's a second zombie player. I'm not sure how they could fix this, but I hope FlyingFrog come up with solutions.
From what I'm reading they are both different feelings LNOE more like "night of the living dead" and Zombicide more like "Dawn of the Dead/Zombieland". I also like that Zombicide can be played solo but like I said LNOE is one of my favorite games of all time.
I have both games and I have to say that LNOE is much better of a game IMHO. Zombicide is ok but there is very little strategy involved. At least in the few times that I have played it. I think of it as LNOE for people with a short attention span.
(01-17-2013 06:00 PM)Anim8r Wrote: [ -> ]I have both games and I have to say that LNOE is much better of a game IMHO. Zombicide is ok but there is very little strategy involved. At least in the few times that I have played it. I think of it as LNOE for people with a short attention span.

Maybe you can help me decide. I have the chance trade Arkham Horror (with the Dunwich expansion) for a copy of Zombicide. I never play it and my gf hates it due to all the record keeping and things to keep track of. We both love LNOE but sometimes don't have enough time to dedicate to it. That being said I was hoping Zombicide could act as a nice "filler" game and refreshing change of pace being the it's co-op plus I could play it solo.
(01-17-2013 06:43 PM)LSD Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you can help me decide. I have the chance trade Arkham Horror (with the Dunwich expansion) for a copy of Zombicide. I never play it and my gf hates it due to all the record keeping and things to keep track of. We both love LNOE but sometimes don't have enough time to dedicate to it. That being said I was hoping Zombicide could act as a nice "filler" game and refreshing change of pace being the it's co-op plus I could play it solo.

If you guys aren't happy with Arkham and just looking for a quick fun little filler type game, then I'd say go for Zombicide. It is fun and really easy to just pick up and play.
I started a poll over at BGG, take a second and cast your vote:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11074176#11074176
Reference URL's