TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Locked Door and Victor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was in a game the other night and this question came up.

It was Victors movement and he was moving out of a building as he was the ZP played Locked Door and "Locked the door" to the police station. I know it says that Victor can ignore the effects of locked doors so he could move through once they are locked but the Lock Door card also states they have to stop there movement before the locked door. We played the card as no effect to Victor and moved him not stopping his movement, but it did lock the door behind him.

Did we play this right?
(10-31-2012 03:07 PM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]I was in a game the other night and this question came up.

It was Victors movement and he was moving out of a building as he was the ZP played Locked Door and "Locked the door" to the police station. I know it says that Victor can ignore the effects of locked doors so he could move through once they are locked but the Lock Door card also states they have to stop there movement before the locked door. We played the card as no effect to Victor and moved him not stopping his movement, but it did lock the door behind him.

Did we play this right?

Yes and no

Yes. Victor would ignore the Locked Door and carry on moving.

No. The door wouldn't lock behind him as a Locked Door card is one use only. Basically the Zombie player messed up and wasted their Locked Door card.

Hope this helps
So if there was a locked door somewhere else on the board could victor move his character through it to unlock it without keys?
Based on the wording, Locked Door only works when a Hero is about to move through a door - it only stops the movement of that Hero at that moment. If you notice, the card text doesn't mention any triggers as to when Heroes can start moving through that door.

Oh, I checked on the FF Wiki and they have this to say:

Q. How long do locked doors stay locked? Just a turn until a Hero finds keys? Would it be possible for Heroes to become locked inside a building?

A. ‘Locked Door’ only affects a single character for their current move. It is assumed that after that they (or any other character) are able to force the door open or break through somehow.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1699929

Locked Door only lasts for a single Hero's movement (preventing them from moving through the door and ending their move early). The idea is that they can quickly force their way through or find an alternate way (smashing glass etc), it just takes a little longer. Ending their move represents the extra time it takes them.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/216807

So the "locked" door really doesn't stay locked.
Great thanks I was just confused cause the game comes with locked door tokens
There is an optional rule for locked doors included in Growing Hunger that those tokens are used for. The heroes get to add two doors to any walls on the board at the start of the game, and Locked Door cards remain in play.
Reference URL's