TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Reveal V's Discard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Just a quick rules clarification. Can't find a mention of a similar rules question.
Some cards and abilities tell the hero player to reveal cards until they find a certain type of card. What happens to the revealed cards?

Are they put back on the top of the deck? The bottom of the deck? Just discarded to the discard pile? If it is the latter, which i believe is the case, should the card or ability probably read "Reveal and discard X cards..."? All thoughts are most welcome. Apoligies in advanced if this has been answered elsewhere and i missed it Zombie16
Each time you are to put cards back into the deck, you should shuffle the deck. As I recall it's mentioned on the card.

For example "Just what I needed" reads:
Take any Scenario Search Item from the draw deck, then shuffle the deck.
Basically, when in doubt, you do what the card says. If it says to "Reveal and discard" then that is what you do. If it does NOT make any mention of discarding, then you do NOT discard.

For example, if it told you to reveal cards until you find a specific card, that means that they are to be shuffled back into the deck when you are done. I think most cards will specify this. However, just remember that if it doesn't specify that you reveal and DISCARD, then you do not discard, you just shuffle them back into the deck.
A good rule of thumb I have found is that if it is a zombie card it's discard if it is a hero card or ability reshuffle. The heroes lose if the hero deck is depleted after all.
(11-06-2012 04:57 PM)Karden5048 Wrote: [ -> ]A good rule of thumb I have found is that if it is a zombie card it's discard if it is a hero card or ability reshuffle. The heroes lose if the hero deck is depleted after all.

That is typically a good rule of thumb. Though, I don't think that is always the case.

Also, remember, that the heroes only lose if the zombies in some way cause the last hero card to be discarded. In other words, if the last hero card is discarded because of a hero, they do NOT automatically lose. That is an important detail that often gets confused.
Reference URL's