TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: You HAVE to listen to this . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can't agree with you there Pride.

Of course everybody has to get paid but when a company produces games and expansions which appear to be doing very well at the price they have been set at (I have never read anybody until now saying FFP's products were over-priced). To then break the next set up and charge far greater total than if the set had been together, seems to me purely as a money-making scheme and a rip-off!

Another thing to think of, is if they had just made the one "complete" expansion, they would not have had 3 times the printing costs & 3 times the packaging costs. Therefore to recoup these costs would not be so hard and therefore we would have had a more value for money product.

Also, I would like to point that you can go onto FFP's site and get 12 unique sculpt hero for $18 but FFP want to charge $25 for 14 zombies and I would be surprised if they were all unique!

I realised afterwards that my posts should have been in the LNoE section but I messed up.

So to make myself clear on the forthcoming releases:

Something Wicked looks great.

AToE & LNoE Hero Packs - great idea and a possible purchase at some stage. and are not badly priced.

Survival of the Fittest & Grave Weapon Zombie pack - should have been packaged together and at current price are in my opinion a rip-off and at the moment I doubt I will be getting them!!

Invasion From Outer Space seems like a fun idea. I especially like the fact the it is the same rules as LNoE. Can really see some messed-up and fun games to be had. Not sure about the Carny idea.....seems to me that maybe somebody has been looking at Horrorclix and their Freakshow range!!
well i was not going to get Grave Weapon Zombie pack my self either but the wify wants wify gets. yes it all should of been one boxed set for 45-50 buck-a-roo's.

IFOS -i love the interchangeable ideal its a must buy.

ATOE- my wife just veto me again on this.she said if we cut out all our other hobbie games and sale some,she wants everything they have to offer. even now so that i wont say this company name was playing with my money.has just lost my buisnes. we can get ATOE expan.

do these game makers think we are made of money.i have cloths to put on my kids back.
I don't know....I've kinda eased up on my intial disappointment.

As Zombie62 mentions the only real problem I have as well is the double dipping of the Grave Weapon CARD set, then a seperate Grave Weapon Miniatures set. This should be one release.

However, in comparision to any other 'adult' hobby, these prices are cheap, and more than affordable.

For instance, take your spouse out to a movie and dinner....25 bucks would be enough only if you went to the midnight matinee and ate at the grocery store on free sample day.

25 bucks doesn't touch most Xbox 360-PC-Playstation-Nintendo games.

But, compare how much value you get out of a LNoE product. I think there is some serious bang for the buck going on....

It's all relative, I suppose. I wish everything was cheap and economical.

In other words....If they're selling, I'm probably buying!!
Sorry SV but don't agree with you there...and what's with the adding of 5 years to my life??!!

We're actually talking $50 for the full Grave Weapon "system", rules, cards and minis, not $25 and that's the point. It should have been one box for about $40, as with Growing Hunger.

How does $50 rate for a night out or for a 360 game??

$50 works out to a little under £35, which is about the usual price for a new release 360 game here and 2 cinema tickets costs me about £17 (funnily enough thats about $25, though I will say it is more expensive in London), both of which may take my money rather than the LNoE sets.
I can't say as I'm thrilled with that breakdown...but I can't say I won't buy 'em.

I'd be WAY more okay with the Grave Dead stuff packed together, the Hero Pack, and then the rest of Survival of the Fittest, so if I CAN'T get it all at one whack, everything feels like it "fits" better.

Something Wicked should be awesome, and a new Hero Pack is welcome there...and I'll prolly check out the Martian game.

Still, $25 a pop especially when one of those boxes is "just" a pack of minis bugs me...perhaps enough to pass on that altogether.
As Jason Hill hasn't posted on here for ages and doesn't seem inclined to, I thought I would post his replies in regard to our complaints from BGG here:

Quote:I think that you will find that the contents of the three LNOE 'Small Box' Expansions add up to significantly more than what you saw in Growing Hunger. I realize we have not released the full contents list yet, so you don't have the full details to base your opinions on. This really is NOT 'one expansion' that has been split; it is two indivual Expansions (LNOE Hero Pack 1 and Survival of the Fittest) as well as a companion Miniature set of Zombies with Grave Weapons. These three products would not have been possible as a single Expansion (it would have to have been seriously reduced in size and/or would have cost more than the base game itself!).

The 'Small Box' Expansions are meant to be stand alone and are a natural way for us to continue releasing expansions for our existing games while still producing and releasing new games at the same time. That's not to say that we won't be releasing more 'Big Box' Expansions; they will just be released further apart.

All of our decisions are based primarily on what we would want as gamers. Of course, this is always tempered with what we can reasonably afford to produce and release... and still stay in business. As a small Game Publisher (and a group of life-long gamers) we strive to create Games and Expansions of the highest quality both in production as well as game content and we look forward to continuing this long into the future.

and

Quote:The Survival of the Fittest Expansion includes the Grave Weapons deck as well as counters to place under your Zombies to show what Grave Weapon they have. This works perfectly well in gameplay (much like Zombie Heroes do currently).

The Zombies with Grave Weapons Miniature Set is an OPTIONAL companion to this which includes unique miniatures to represent the Zombies with different weapons in hand. It contains two sets of the 7 new UNIQUE Zombie sculpts (7 in Green and 7 in Brown).

Miniatures are quite expensive to produce, especially when cast in plastic. This new miniature set more than triples the number of unique Zombie miniatures for the game (there were previously three unique sculpts in the base LNOE game). They are not needed to play with the new deck, but obviously it is much cooler if you can use a unique mini to actually represent your cool Zombie with a 'Rusty Axe' on the board. This would NOT have been economically possible if we tried to have it all in one Expansion set. It would be just the counters.

The reason we are able to sell the sets of Zombies on our website for such a low price is that they are extra sets of the same Zombie minis that were already produced for the LNOE base game. It really is not the same thing.

It's funny because I spent most of my life on the other side of this kind of question as a gamer and consumer. Having spent the last several years as a game publisher, it really changes your perspective on things. It's much easier to see why game companies make the decisions that they do when you go through all of the behind the scenes process.

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions

Full thread here
Reading Jason's responses, my initial feelings have been tempered some what and the only fair thing to do will be to wait until I see what is in each box and then judge if I think they are worth the money.

I suppose my feeling so strong about this issue is the fact that like others I do not have as much disposable income as I did in the past and therefore cannot just make rash purchases as much.

If I am also being completely honest I forgot that the "Zombie Hero" system worked very well with only a counter placed under the mini and that it was my choice to purchase further minis to make my own ZH minis... see what disposable income can do for you!!

Anyway, roll on the release and let's hope they live up to Jason's promises!!
now i know i want every thing FFP has to offer.
Zombie61 is right!

Although, I still think my comparison of the XBOX game still holds true, even at the 50 dollar level.

Most XBOX new games go for 59.99 here.

Plus, when I bought 'growing hunger' I actually bought it via the 'War Store' a fantastic online game seller. I got it for 28 dollars! AND, I got AToE for 34 dollars....well within my tolerance levels of 'payout'.

Again, I wish the products were combined, and cheaper, but my point is that I will STILL pay at that level. Supply and demand, and all that!
Great... you just aged zombie 6 extra years... I'm sure he's happy about that.... Zombie03
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's