TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: I still dont get 'zombies auto spawn'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read on here it was a D3 roll to determine the number of zombies you add, but the growing hunger rulebook says 'there is no need to roll', they always spawn. Spawn how many?
The basic rules states that you first check to see if you get to spawn new zombies (you roll 2D6 if there's just one zombie player). If your roll is a succes you then get to spawn new zombies (D6 zombies from the zombie pool).

With scenarios that use the 'zombies auto spawn' rule you don't roll to check, you just roll a D6 to see how many zombies you get to spawn. Minimum one if your zombie pool isn't empty or you have reached the maximum number of zombies on the board (number of zombies + zombie heroes).

The 'zombies auto spawn' is IMO the most powerful ability in the zombie arsenal since it guarentees that you're always able to get to spawn new zombies instead of having to roll first to if you're able to do so. Just remember you still need to roll to see how many you get to spawn...
Thanks scarydk, appreciate it.
No problemo. The spawning part of this game took me a while to figure out. Watchmen02
Checking to spawn is in the middle of the Zombie turn, and the actual spawning is at the end. I have seen many players check....succeed, then forget to spawn at the end.

I like this rule as it skips the "checking" phase.
I've always felt the auto-spawn rule is best kept used for scenarios that they want to make particularly vicious. I don't think it is one I would ever want to see added to all scenarios like Timber Peak did with Hero Replenish and Always Zombie Heroes.

Auto-spawn just makes it too vicious on the heroes. It can definitely be fun in certain special scenarios, but not every single one.
What's a good dot rule to balance Zombies Auto Spawn? Hero Starting Cards x2?
I think the reason they separate roll to see if you can spawn, and the roll to actually spawn is so you know if you have some backup coming up.. you may play differently. Especially if you only have 3 odd in the zombie pool.. chuck a few at the hero's since you might get some wounds out of them, but if you lose them - you might roll a 6 in a bit and get them all back plus more! I hate rolling 6's when there’s only 3 in the pool. And then 1's when there is 6 in the pool! DOHHHH.

It does make things confusing (to explain to people new to the game) and easy to forget though. I use one of the number counters and flip it if I get to spawn then back when I have. I might just make my own counter and get laminator happy!

I do LOVE the auto spawn rule though!! I think the manor house would be impossible for zombies without it.

This is the most confusing simple game I’ve ever played! ;op

A turn to learn, a life time to master!
(11-06-2012 10:45 PM)LabRat Wrote: [ -> ]What's a good dot rule to balance Zombies Auto Spawn? Hero Starting Cards x2?

I created a document that is available for download that lists all the variants and their respective dot values from all the releases. Zombie auto spawn is 4 dots so heroes can choose a combination of options that equal 4 dots like: heroes replenish (2 dots) and barricades (2 dots) or hero unique advanced abilities (4 dots) etc
Reference URL's