TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Rolling a Random Building
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When rolling a random building and you get a 6 or a 1 do the players, according to the roll, get to pick the actual building or just the L- shaped board?
Hi Karden,

From page 17 of the LNoE rulebook.

'(Note that a roll of 1 is Hero's Choice which means that the Heroes may choose any building available and a roll of 6 is Zombie's Choice).'

So yes any building on the board that is not Taken Over or can't be chosen due to one or more scenario special rules. Remember any building without a number assigned to it e.g 1-3 or 4-6 can't be chosen by the Heroes or Zombies. The Manor House is a good example of this along with areas such as the Cornfield.

Hope this helpsWatchmen02
Yes it was very helpful. It came up tonight in my game.
It's worth noting if you're rolling to see where a new spawning pit should be placed, the ZP always choose the space inside the selected building even if the selection was based on the heroes choosing the building.
Samurai already answered and scary jumped in with some helpful advice as well. So, I will just add that I agree with them both. To my knowledge, both statements are correct. If you roll Zombies' choice or Heroes' choice, the appropriate side chooses any available building with a number. You do not pick just the board section and then roll again.

Also, helpful tidbit from scary. I believe that is also correct. If the zombie players is adding a new zombie pit, once the building is determined, they place it in any space they desire within that building.
Reference URL's