TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Defend the Manor OR Burn It to the Ground?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to decide between 2 scenarios for our next round of LNoE... Which would be best for the Survivors... Defend the Manor House (17 Turns) or Burn It to the Ground (17 Turns)?
Also... any advice on strategies would be greatly appreciated Insane20
Defend is my (and many others) favorite scenario that almost always comes down to the wire. Burn It to the Ground is more random, as it relies on scenario search items.

With Defend, remember that heroes can't search inside the manor -- they must go to the town to search. And they should utilize The Hunger to draw zombies out of the manor and/or keep them from going inside. You'll often, as the game approaches its conclusion, need to sacrifice a hero or two to draw out a bunch of zombies.
@mqstout - Any advice? or do you think it's basically cut and dry?
Other than searching and using the hunger? For the zombies, it's best to keep the zombies spread out and mostly NOT inside the house until you can move enough in. (Of course, move some in if you can utilize the walls to avoid some ranged weapons.)

For the heroes, this is one of the scenarios where dynamite and gas markers really help, since the zombies will be clumping together as they try to take over the house.

This is one of the few scenarios where Billy can be a big help.

Also, welcome to the forums, fellow yinzer.
Thanks & THANKS!
I actually hate defend the manor house as out of 20 or so times, the heroes have never won. They've gotten.... close, but never won.
Hi, Im a fan of defend the manor.

As a Zombie player, it can be frustrating, if you have experinced hero players.

When the heroes use hunger to lure Zombies. Then have dynamite or gasoline or a shot gun. It can be very devistating to the Zombie horde.

As a Zombie player, you almost need to find a balance of attacking Zombies, and keep some on the board for a second attack wave.

Its a great scenario to learn all the "base" mechanics of the game.
Definitely defend, it's easily my most played scenario.

It's probably one of the most balanced scenarios in terms of both sides having to use a decent amount of strategy.
Reference URL's