TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Place a zombie from your pool in a space with another zombie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I visited my friend over the weekend and we played Last Night On Earth a couple times again. In the round where he played as zombies, a card came up and we had a question for clarification.

I forget the exact name of the card without looking and am not near my game, so if anybody can fill us in out that, I'd appreciate it. I also don't remember the exact wording. However, the basic jist was...

Roll a D6. Place that many zombies from your zombie pool each into a different space already occupied by another zombie.

The card specifies DIFFERENT space. In other words, you can't roll a 6 and decide to put all 6 zombies in the same space as another zombie already on the board.

The question came in because my friend actually rolled more than the number of spaces currently containing any zombies. He had a bunch of zombies on the board, but some spaces had multiple zombies. So, just for example, say he rolled a 6 but only currently had zombies on 4 different spaces...

In that example, does the zombie player then get to double up and place a couple zombies in the same place...

OR

Since it specifically said "DIFFERENT space" does this mean, that in that case, the zombie player would technically lose those last two zombies, only getting to place four on the board? Any thoughts, folks?
The Card you're refering to is Legions of the Dead.

'Play this card at the end of the Zombie Turn to immediately place D6 Zombies from your Zombie Pool, each in a different space with at least one other existing Zombie.'

Using my personal judgement on this. I would say the Zombies are divided in exactly the same way as when placing Spawned Zombies. I wouldn't say any Zombies are lost. It just refers to as 'different space' to prevent you putting them all on 1 or 2 next to a Hero for example.

Hope this helps.

:Edit:
As a side note this card cannot be used to put Zombies in the Manor House in the Defend the Manor House scenario. See link to FFWiki http://www.flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/in...f_the_Dead
(06-06-1970 02:52 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]As a side note this card cannot be used to put Zombies in the Manor House in the Defend the Manor House scenario. See link to FFWiki http://www.flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/in...f_the_Dead

I have a feeling we must have played that one wrong..
Thanks, samurai. That was how we played it when it came up this weeked. I wasn't 100% sure of the answer, so when that is the case, I tend to err on the side of allowing the person to do what they are trying to do for the time being until I confirm back here later whether or not that was correct. Well... unless of course it seems like something WAY out of whack that is probably not allowed, but I'm still not 100% sure. LOL!

I would have actually kind of thought the opposite. Considering it specifies they must be on a different space, I would have thought that you can only do just that. So, good to hear if others would assume differently. You make a really good point about the way zombies are spawned in the first place. Maybe it is similar to that.

Unless I hear otherwise, I will assume you can treat it like spawning zombies and can double up if you've already evenly spread them. As I said, I tend to err on the side of allowing something rather than not if I am not 100% sure, because I wouldn't want to have somebody try to make a move only to tell them they can't. Especially if I turned out to be wrong. ;-)
Reference URL's