TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Move diagonally through a door?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a feeling like this is a really stupid question. I could almost swear that it is answered, but I don't have my copy of the game nearby.

Does anybody remember if you can travel diagonally through a door? In other words, say you are on the outside, and the space with the door is technically diagonal to you, meaning you could move one space diagonally, and that would put you inside the building.

Can you do that? You are still then technically going through the door. It isn't like you went through a wall.

I could almost swear that I remembered that you HAVE to travel straight through a door and cannot go through diagonally, but I couldn't remember for sure. I could see whereas you could argue thematically that you could cut across a space diagonally to go through a door in reality, as long as you are then actually going through the door.
(11-13-2012 08:52 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling like this is a really stupid question. I could almost swear that it is answered, but I don't have my copy of the game nearby.

Does anybody remember if you can travel diagonally through a door? In other words, say you are on the outside, and the space with the door is technically diagonal to you, meaning you could move one space diagonally, and that would put you inside the building.

Can you do that? You are still then technically going through the door. It isn't like you went through a wall.

I could almost swear that I remembered that you HAVE to travel straight through a door and cannot go through diagonally, but I couldn't remember for sure. I could see whereas you could argue thematically that you could cut across a space diagonally to go through a door in reality, as long as you are then actually going through the door.

Heroes always move in a straight line through doors.
Just to reinforce Sam's answer, from the LNOE rulebook page 11:

"Heroes may NOT Move diagonally through a Door, they must go straight through."
(11-13-2012 09:13 PM)LabRat Wrote: [ -> ]Just to reinforce Sam's answer, from the LNOE rulebook page 11:

"Heroes may NOT Move diagonally through a Door, they must go straight through."

Unless you're IFOS Pretzel girl. Watchmen02
Thanks, folks! I see I was correct. I could have sworn this was specifically covered in the rulebook, but mid-game we didn't want to pause to check, especially for such a minor thing. I usually wind up here on the boards during a break at work, though, so I don't have access to my game to check then. Thanks for clarifying.
Reference URL's