TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Sacrifice Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a question about sacrifice cards.

some are Tide of the Dead
Sacrifice: The Zombie player(s) must discard a total of 2 cards from hand.

All Zombies may move 2 spaces this turn (Zombie Heroes may move D6 spaces) instead of their normal move.

OR

Hopeless
Sacrifice: Choose and discard any Zombie card that currently Remains In Play.
Choose any Hero on the board. That Hero must immediately discard an Item, Take a Wound, or Lose their next Hero turn (Hero's Choice).

Now i know i have read Sacrifice Cards are to be played at the start of the Zombie Turn. Yes ?

My question is; For Tide of the Dead. Can you discard Play Immediately Cards ?
Or must you Play Immediately, then Start the Zombie turn ?
I do believe I read that play immediately cards are just that... as soon as you get them you use them. They are not in your hand long enough to be sacrificed
Play Immediately cards must be played/resolved before the others.

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...fice-Cards
"As it sounds, these cards must be played as soon as they are drawn."

I guess if there were a 'Play Immediately' sacrifice card, you could discard other Play Immediately cards as part of its cost (since you can choose the order of playing Play Immediately cards).
Yeah, thats what i thought. Thats the way i play Insane19

Never hurts to ask Watchmen02

with my deck being as large as it is. The Discard Top 10 hero cards, help the heroes more than hinder.

ohh well, life goes on.

Ty
This makes no sense, as you draw for the turn AFTER the start of zombie turn. You will never have Play Immediately's in your hand and still be at the start of the zombie turn.

Start of Zombie turn - Tap the sun tracker down - Play SoZT cards

-Then-

Draw up to max hand size

Any play immediately cards would of course get played. However, if you draw a SoZT card, you would have to wait until the next round as that phase has already passed.
"start of zombie turn" is defined as any part of the zombie turn before "move zombies".
(11-19-2012 04:52 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]"start of zombie turn" is defined as any part of the zombie turn before "move zombies".

Yup. In the base game moving the Sun Track Marker, Drawing New Zombie Cards and Rolling to Spawn New Zombies (Steps 1, 2 and 3) are all part of the 'start of the turn'.
So apparently I'm incorrect and that is valid. I will never abide by that rule though. Makes zero sense how I can play even more SoTZ cards since I can draw them and immediately play them.
You still only draw ONCE, up to your hand size, as one batch.
Jason C. Hill says
'The 'Start of the Zombie Turn' is considered to be up until the first Zombie moves in the 'Move Zombies' phase. This is important as many cards are played 'at the start of the Zombie Turn' (these can be played even if you just drew them).

Remember that you can discard up to 1 Zombie Card before refilling your hand. This helps to clear things out that you can't use.'

Quote from boardgamegeek.com. Hope this helps.
Reference URL's