TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New to LNOE; I have some questions:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there! I just bought this game last weekend and absolutely love it! However, I have a few questions I haven't found answers to:

"The Hunger" -- Do diagonal squares count as being "adjacent to" another square? Would "The Hunger" trigger if a zombie moves to a square that is diagonally next to a hero? Would a hero be able to douse gasoline on a square diagonally next to the ones s/he's moving across?

Instant Kill Attack Bonuses v.s. zombie ties -- In the case of a hero weapon like the meat cleaver that instantly kills a zombie if the hero rolls a 6, would a zombie still win if the zombie player also rolls a 6, since zombies usually win on ties? Would the hero take a hit while the zombie dies?

"Per fight" -- This really confuses me. What does a card mean when it says it can be used multiple times "per fight," such as the welding torch and the baseball bat? I was under the impression that a hero could only use an attack bonus weapon/item once per zombie fight, otherwise one would be able to use a handful of dice when using the baseball bat, for example. On the other hand, there are Attack Bonus weapons/items like the pitchfork that say it can only be used once "per fight." This may be my most burning question.

Do hero players have a hand limit? Do the items/weapons equipped to their characters count towards that hand limit?

Thanks! [/align]
Do diagonal squares count as being "adjacent to" another square?

Yes they do.

Jason C. Hill
'Does include through walls. Adjacent' is meant to include diagonals and is NOT blocked by walls.'

Would "The Hunger" trigger if a zombie moves to a square that is diagonally next to a hero?

Yes it would. The Zombie cannot move out of Zombie hunger. It has to move towards the Hero. If you get this type of situation
[H][E][H]
[E][Z][E]
The Zombie player can choose which Hero to attack.

(H=Hero Z=Zombie E=Empty space)

Jason C. Hill
'Zombies must move using the Zombie Hunger rule BEFORE any other Zombies move during the Move Zombies phase.
Normally this doesn’t matter, but during some scenarios it becomes important. For instance, Defend the Manor House ends the moment that there are 9 Zombies or more in the Manor House. Moving by Zombie Hunger first means that Heroes have the chance to lure Zombies out of the house before new ones move in.

Zombies are affected by Zombie Hunger ANY time they move (not just their normal move) - including Shamble, Relentless Advance etc.

If a Zombie can't reach an adjacent Hero for some reason (say Blocked Windows is in play), the Zombie may move normally (ignoring the Zombie Hunger caused by that unreachable Hero).'

Would a Hero be able to douse Gasoline on a square diagonally next to the ones s/he's moving across?
Yes you can douse the diagonal squares.

Jason C. Hill
'To pour the Gasoline, a Hero must actually 'move' as their Move Action (even if they choose to stay in the same space). This means that they cannot do any other Move Action, such as Heal with 'Youth' or Search, if they want to pour the Gasoline.
You can place the Gas Marker at any point during the move (before, during, or after), even in your own space.

Remember that a Gas Marker can be ignited by any gun or signal flare as well as by a fire item.'

Instant Kill Attack Bonuses v.s. Zombie ties -- In the case of a Hero weapon like the Meat Cleaver that Instantly Kills a Zombie if the Hero rolls a 6, would a Zombie still win if the Zombie player also rolls a 6, since Zombies usually win on ties? Would the Hero take a hit while the Zombie dies?

The Hero has won the Fight. Killing the Zombie. The Hero is not wounded as they won the fight.

"Per Fight" -- This really confuses me. What does a card mean when it says it can be used multiple times "per Fight," such as the Welding Torch and the Baseball Bat? I was under the impression that a Hero could only use an attack bonus Weapon/Item once per Zombie Fight, otherwise one would be able to use a handful of dice when using the Baseball Bat, for example. On the other hand, there are Attack Bonus Weapons/Items like the Pitchfork that say it can only be used once "per Fight." This may be my most burning question.

Once per Fight is self explanatory.
Weapons such as the Baseball Bat may be used again and again until 2 things happen.

The Zombie is Fended off/Killed
Your Hand Weapon Breaks

The way to use the Baseball Bat is:

1) Roll your 2 Attack Dice (a) if you haven't won. Go to 2. (b) You've Fended it off and want to go for the Kill, Go to 2 ©

2) Roll your extra Fight die (a) If you've beat the Zombies roll you've Wounded the Zombie (this is usually enough to Kill it, unless it's a Zombie Hero etc. Go to 3
(b) If with this roll you have any doubles (don't forget you have to initially Fended it off) You've Wounded the Zombie. Go to 3
© If you haven't rolled higher or got any doubles. Go to 3.

3) Roll to see if the Hand Weapon Breaks. If it does discard it and the fight is resolved in 3 ways.
The Hero Wounded or Killed the Zombie
The Hero Fended the Zombie off and the Fight ends with no Wounds either side.
The Hero lost the Fight and is Wounded.

If the Weapon didn't break and can be used Multiple Times Go to 2

Basically the Baseball Bat can be used until it Breaks or the Zombie is Killed. Remember to leave the extra Fight dice you rolled on the table as eventually you're going to start getting doubles.
Do Hero players have a hand limit? Do the Items/Weapons equipped to their characters count towards that hand limit?

The Hero player(s) can have an unlimited ammount of Events in hand.

Each Hero Character has a carrying limit of 4.

A Hero can carry up to 2 Weapons (These can be 2 Hand Weapons, or 2 Ranged Weapons or a combination of the two.). Each Weapon counts as 1 towards Carrying Limit

A Hero can carry 1 Double Handed Weapon. (This counts as 2 towards the Carrying Limit)

The Hero can carry up to 4 Items.

Here's an example
Billy has 2 Weapons. A Revolver and a Baseball Bat. He also has a Lighter and a Dynamite. He is now carrying the maximum allowed.

If Billy Searches and finds a Weapon he can:
(a) Discard it and keep the 2 he had.
(b) Discard 1 he has and keep the new one.
© Hand it to any other Hero in their space.

If Billy Searches and finds an Item he can:
(a) Discard it and keep the 2 he has.
(b) Discard a Weapon or an Item and keep the new Item.
© Hand it to any other Hero in their space.

Phew!Zombie20 Hope all this helped. If anything's still unclear just let me knowWatchmen02 The quotes from Jason C. Hill are from boardgamegeek.com
Thanks for the responses! Helped immensely! One last question: If a hero rolls doubles but the double roll is equal to a zombie's roll (Example: Hero rolls 6 & 6, Zombie rolls 6), would the zombie still win since they win on ties, or will the hero prevail? Thanks again. Watchmen02

Btw, I noticed you mentioned Heroes could carry 1 Double Handed Weapon. I don't believe I've seen any of these in the original Last Night on Earth set, unless I have missed them. I would assume the chainsaw and pitchfork are double handed weapons, but there's nothing in the card that indicates that besides the art work and real world logic. Are these double handed weapons in the expansion packs?
The highest result wins. Doubles are only checked if the hero's already won. So, 66 vs 6, the zombie wins on the tie.

Double handed items are in expansion products.
Thanks. Watchmen02
(11-18-2012 02:07 AM)Rullys Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Watchmen02

Can't add anything from the rules/questions perspective, but welcome to both LNoE and the Forums, Rullys. Zombie01
Wow! And here I wanted to lend a hand, but Samurai has already done a fantastic job of filling it all in for you!

So, I guess all I can say is welcome to the boards, and glad you discovered Last Night On Earth!

And, yes, as mqstout said, Double Handed weapons don't come in until one of the expansions.
Thanks for the welcome, you two. I'm sure I'll be sticking around for a long time to come.

And with that, I have for you all another question. Hehe. After rolling for starter zombies in the beginning of the game, does the zombie player/s still roll for additional zombies to spawn at the end of that first turn? Thanks in advance.
Zombie turn overview:

1) Move the Sun Track Marker
2) Draw New Zombie Cards
3) Roll to Spawn New Zombies
You roll 2D6 if there's just one zombie player. If your roll is a succes (you need to roll a higher number than the number of zombies currently on the board), you then get to spawn new zombies in step 6...
4) Move Zombies
5) Fight
6) Place Newly Spawned Zombies
Assuming your roll in step 3 was a succes, you now roll a D6 to see how many zombies you get to spawn. So minimum one if your zombie pool isn't empty or you haven't reached the maximum number of zombies on the board (number of zombies + zombie heroes).

And welcome to the board btw Zombie03
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's