TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: duct tape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
combining items of the new expansion with duct tape.
Would like more details on how to combine items.
For example, if I combine two weapons:
when using ranged attack, as does the range? (if they have different range)
if two shotguns, hitting the shot, I cause 2 damage? and in case you lose the gun, I play a d6 for each? or weapons are used separately?
If possible could you explain a little better, with a few other examples.

for example, combining two shotguns I cause 2 damage?
if a gun + shotgun too?
and if baseball bat + shotgun as you would use these?

some combinations do not know how to use if you have ever played and made some, I explain how they used it.
(11-19-2012 05:12 PM)freddsl Wrote: [ -> ]combining items of the new expansion with duct tape.
Would like more details on how to combine items.
For example, if I combine two weapons:
when using ranged attack, as does the range? (if they have different range)
if two shotguns, hitting the shot, I cause 2 damage? and in case you lose the gun, I play a d6 for each? or weapons are used separately?
If possible could you explain a little better, with a few other examples.

for example, combining two shotguns I cause 2 damage?
if a gun + shotgun too?
and if baseball bat + shotgun as you would use these?

some combinations do not know how to use if you have ever played and made some, I explain how they used it.
Here's somethings you need to know about Duct Tape

1) The COMBINED Items count as a Single Item for carrying limit.
Double Handed Items may be COMBINED (even with another Double Handed Item)

2) Whenever a COMBINED Weapon or Item should be discarded you...
Roll 1 die.
If you get a 4+ you still keep the COMBINED Weapon/Item
If you get 3 or less both COMBINED Weapon/Item are discarded.

3) A COMBINED Items may be COMBINED again.

4) With 2 Combined Guns you do get to fire both in the Ranged Weapon phase at the same target or different targets. Work out the effects of each Weapon seperately (range, did it Hit/Kill, discard or not)

5) If Old Betsy is COMBINED to an Item, the Hero may deliver that Item to any Hero in the space that Betsy is deployed to.
Old Betsy can even deliver a Gasoline to a space.
Old Betsy can Deliver a lit Dynamite to a space (If the Hero had a Fire Item). (Betsy is unaffected by Gasoline or Dynamite explosions)
Old Betsy is always discarded when used.

6) Dynamite can be COMBINED with Dynamite.
Can be used as a singal Ranged attack
Always discarded
No Fire Item required
Anything in the target space is Automatically Killed
Adjacent models are Wounded on a 2+
Any time a Hero carrying the COMBINED Dynamite loses a Fight or throws the Dynamite as a Ranged attack roll 1 D6.
On a roll of 1 the Dynamite explodes in the Hero's space.

Hope this helps.Watchmen02
I'm curious why Betsy is unaffeted by explosions. Don't explosives affect all models in the designated spaces? When Betsy is deployed, don't you put a Betsy marker on that space? Are we then saying that a marker and a model are not really the same thing?

I do own the expansions but haven't really had a chance to play them so pardon my ignorance, but where did these rules that you listed originate, Trev?

Thanks!
They're all on p.3+4 in the SotF rulebook.
Yes Old Betsy's marker is used when she's deployed.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. Still have incorporated my SoTF set yet.
This may be a newbie question, but can I duct tape a third item to items that are already taped together? I was curious because a few days ago I played a game as Father Joseph and had Father Joseph's Bible, The Book of the Dead, and Dynamite all stuck together. It made an interesting Tome of sorts, but I wasn't sure if it was legal.
(11-27-2012 07:20 PM)korora1289 Wrote: [ -> ]This may be a newbie question, but can I duct tape a third item to items that are already taped together? I was curious because a few days ago I played a game as Father Joseph and had Father Joseph's Bible, The Book of the Dead, and Dynamite all stuck together. It made an interesting Tome of sorts, but I wasn't sure if it was legal.

That was legal. See rule 3) above ^^^
Reference URL's