TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: TP zombie upgrades and Savagery of the Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!
We just played our first game of Timber Peak, which was one of the most intense games of LNOE I've played. There were two things that we couldn't figure out based on the stated rules, though.

1. Zombie Upgrade cards: the rules specifically state that hero upgrades are placed immediately face up when drawn, but doesn't say that about zombie upgrades. Given that most zombie upgrades are one-use, and some only work under certain conditions (like when wounding a hero), we let the zombie player keep them face down until played, like a special form of zombie card. Does this seem right?
  2. Savagery of the dead: the card says "If the Zombie wins the Fight, the Hero must also discard an Item or Hero Upgrade on the D6 roll of 4+". We couldn't figure out whether the zombie or hero chooses the item/upgrade to discard. What do you think?

Sorry if any of this is covered somewhere else. Thanks!
I like Timber Peak. It is a little tougher. I feel like the expansions have actually watered down the deck a little. I think:
1. They can hide their upgrades, like they hide their cards.
2. I think the zombie chooses, double check the rulebook or the FAQs here, I'm not 100%.
(12-02-2012 09:56 AM)RaidCasto Wrote: [ -> ]I like Timber Peak. It is a little tougher. I feel like the expansions have actually watered down the deck a little. I think:
2. I think the zombie chooses, double check the rulebook or the FAQs here, I'm not 100%.

I have to agree with Raid's answers here. The Zombie Upgrades are mostly one time use, and not ongoing things like the Hero Upgrades. So, they are something that you would most likely want to keep secret unless you use them.

As for #2, I agree with Raid that I BELIEVE it would be the zombie player telling you what to discard, but I could be wrong. Perhaps somebody can take a look at the actual card and/or the rulebook and let us know for sure.
(12-02-2012 09:56 AM)RaidCasto Wrote: [ -> ]I like Timber Peak. It is a little tougher. I feel like the expansions have actually watered down the deck a little. I think:

We Play...

1. UPGRADES: ZP hides their upgrades. HP upgrades always active, and I'm believing this is why they are face up.
2. SAVAGERY OF THE DEAD CARD: Random Roll - yes we're not overly phased about the official ruling on it, even if someone does post it subsequent to this response. The Random Roll represents the chaos of the fight and anything can be damaged/lost. It's trying to be thematic in that, Zombies are not intelligent enough to target a specific object/upgrade - ie savagery... and Players don't go "damn, I choose to lose (item/upgrade)" as that just isn't prototypical.

I understand and respect members here may find our version of (2) controversial/disagreeable.
I hear ya forestrunner, we play Random hero differently--rather than picking up the hero cards, which usually have tokens, upgrades, remainin plays etc on them, we just roll a d6 until we get a number 1-4 and pick the hero based on their order. Same principle.
We use the random choices the board gives.....1 is Hero choice. 2 thru 5 are teh players....and 6 is zombie choice. BUT I think that once the Hero is chosen.....that Hero chooses to lose what to lose. That's how we play it.
I think it's actually refreshing to see some of the minor things that differ in our games across the world here.

It's like there's no right or wrong.

I'm of course talking about those things that are open to interpretation and not a direct contravention to any rules or spirit of the game.

Well done and happy gaming guys. Zombie04
Reference URL's