TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Question - Two heroes choose to stay on the same space w/multiple zombies...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My gaming group had another question come up in our game night last night. We were not 100% sure how this should be played. Here is the gist:

Two of the heroes were in the same space within a building. During the zombie phase, two zombies had made their way into the space as well, so the heroes each fought a zombie. In the hero phase, both heroes decided to stay and search even though they knew this would mean they’d have to fight zombies. We needed to search and were thus far relatively unharmed, so it was worth the risk.

In that case, since both heroes chose to remain in the space during their turn, does that mean (so long as the first hero didn’t kill any of the zombies) that BOTH heroes are therefore electing to fight BOTH zombies, or would the heroes split up the fights again?

Personally, I had always assumed that if you are specifically choosing to keep your hero in a space with a zombie, that means you are willingly fighting ALL of the zombies still in that place, regardless of whether or not any other hero is with you. I figured that was the case because if you follow the turn order, the next hero isn’t supposed to do anything until you finish your turn, so logically that would mean that you fight first before they do anything.

However, can anybody confirm if I assumed correctly, or would the heroes divide those fights?

(Off topic, but for the record, we actually wound up shooting and killing the zombies, so the fights didn’t happen anyway, but we still wanted to clarify which is correct.)
The zombies are only divied up on the Zombie turn (it's called "Fight Heroes"). If a hero stays in a space with a zombie on his turn, he must fight ALL zombies in that space. It's called "Fight Zombies".
(12-13-2012 08:56 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]The zombies are only divied up on the Zombie turn (it's called "Fight Heroes"). If a hero stays in a space with a zombie on his turn, he must fight ALL zombies in that space. It's called "Fight Zombies".

mqstout's right. So in your example each Hero would have to fight both Zombies.
If zombies where to be divided up in the Hero turn you'd run into a lot of issues. Say a space that contains two Heroes and two Zombies. If in the Hero turn the first Hero fights one zombie the other Zombie should sit and wait for the other Hero to take his turn. What happens if on his turn the other Hero decides to abandon the space thus leaving behind a zombie who still hasn't fought? I think the rule makes sense. After all, in the Zombie turn, the Heroes don't have a say on how many zeds are going to enter their space and would need to stand their ground. In the Hero turn however the Hero in a way chooses to stay in the same space with one or more zeds, asking for trouble. Watchmen02
Thanks everybody. That is exactly what I thought, but there had been some doubt in my group, so I wanted to clarify. As I had said, that did make the most sense. After all, each hero's turn does not happen concurrently with the others. Each hero takes their turn separately. So, when one hero takes their turn, all steps, including fights, must be resolved prior to moving to the next hero. So, that would make sense. Thanks again for the clarification, fellas!
Reference URL's