TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: 2 of the same card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you draw a duplicate upgrade you then get th eboost token for free on the first upgrade card? then what happens to the second/duplicate upgrade card- the rules dont say to discard it or how to use both cards to get twice the power? so I'm left wondering....
thoughts?
Can you please rephrase or reword your question, maybe more context details? It is difficult to understand what you are asking.
I think I understand the question, so maybe I can help clarify. Crichton, please fill us in on if I am correct and this is what you were asking…

I think he was asking, if your hero earns his/her first Hero Upgrade, then earns a second Hero Upgrade only to wind up getting the same exact one, how are you supposed to handle this?

For example, one of the Strength Hero Upgrades (I think it was called Knockback) allows you to move a zombie X number of spaces if you defeat them. What if you earn another upgrade and get that same one again?

I believe that is the question that is being asked, but I must admit I actually don’t know the answer myself. Just wanted to help clarify. Anybody have any thoughts on this one?
Actually, I think what he's asking is the following:

I think he KNOWS that drawing the same skill a second time gives you the upgrade of it for free. I think what he's asking is, what if you draw the same skill a THIRD time, or opt to pay experience points to upgrade the skill and THEN draw it a second time. What happens when you get a duplicate skill card that has already been upgraded?

I haven't opened my Timber Peak boxed set yet (it's technically a X-Mas gift), so I don't quite know the answer, but I'm pretty sure I understand the question correctly (hopefully).
Or, what happens to the two cards? You are automatically boosted, yes. But are they two cards or are they combined? If a zombie player gets rid of one, do they both go or just one?
Ah. Thanks for the further clarification. Now that I re-read it, I think you are correct. I think that was his question. I still do not know the answer. Does anybody who owns Timber Peak know? Or maybe this is one to try to ask Flying Frog Productions themselves.
The way I understood the rules is that if you draw a ranged weapon experience upgrade and get an ability like Sharpshooter and then your next upgrade comes and you again try for another ranged weapon upgrade and you get another Sharpshooter ability then you do not stack them, in this case you are actually punished for taking the chance of drawing from an upgrade deck you have already done so...this seems to balance the game so that when you try to make a hero that is full of ranged experience upgrades you take a chance on not getting a experience upgrade that your hero can use...but on the other hand if you would of not been as risky and took a melee experience upgrade instead you would not of had to take that chance. I hope this clarifies it. I know its a bummer but this game is somewhat of a luck and chance game and a lot sometimes you just get unlucky. Next time just send the tokens to boost your current upgrade if you are wanting to boost a certain type versus taking a chance at getting another of the same upgrade. I would say if this happened you would keep it on the chance that future expansions allow zombie players to remove a upgrade card from a hero you would still have the "backup"
(12-15-2012 01:00 AM)crichton Wrote: [ -> ]thoughts?

So if I have 1 upgrade- I dont have the boost, I draw second upgrade which is a duplicate and gives me the boost on the first card, does it give me the boost also on the second card, Do I keep both cards in play? Do both cards stack together giving me even more power as I use them both at the same time?
(12-24-2012 06:48 PM)crichton Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2012 01:00 AM)crichton Wrote: [ -> ]thoughts?

So if I have 1 upgrade- I dont have the boost, I draw second upgrade which is a duplicate and gives me the boost on the first card, does it give me the boost also on the second card, Do I keep both cards in play? Do both cards stack together giving me even more power as I use them both at the same time?

We play as you do not get the boost and you keep the second upgrade card incase in the future there is a way to make u lose one but since you chose to upgrade vs boost you don't get to boost...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's