TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Couple of quick questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since "preventing" a wound means it never happened, if I Feel Kind of Strange is played on a Hero, and the wound is then prevented by something (let's say Just a Scratch for this example) what happens to I Feel Kind of Strange? Is it discarded or does it go back into the zombie player's hand since it no longer has a target?

Second, in the Jason C. Hill rule thread it said that Heroes are only replaced when a player's last Hero dies. I just want to make sure I have this right. So if three people are playing (2 Heroes, 1 Zombie), and a player has one of their Heroes killed, there are effectively now only three Heroes in the game?
(12-25-2012 09:29 AM)Garaile Wrote: [ -> ]Since "preventing" a wound means it never happened, if [undefined=undefined]I Feel Kind of Strange[/undefined] is played on a Hero, and the wound is then prevented by something (let's say [undefined=undefined]Just a Scratch[/undefined] for this example) what happens to [undefined=undefined]I Feel Kind of Strange[/undefined]? Is it discarded or does it go back into the zombie player's hand since it no longer has a target?

When a card has been played, it is always discarded and never returned to the player's hand unless it is specified in the card text.

However, in the case you describe a wound has only been prevented [The Hero Card prevents a wound but has no effect on the Zombie Card] The Hero stays cursed by I Feel Kinda Strange and should thus be affected by the curse if he/she is wounded later in the game, supposing this wound isn't prevented. Only if you have an event or plays Father Joseph's special ability; e.g. effects that clearly state that they can cause a Zombie Card to be discarded, can you lift the curse and cause the I Feel Kinda Strange card to be discarded. It is never returned to the Zombie Player's hand. Also, a card that allows a Hero to be fully healed has no effect on a Zombie Card. It has to be clearly stated in the card text.

(12-25-2012 09:29 AM)Garaile Wrote: [ -> ]Second, in the Jason C. Hill rule thread it said that Heroes are only replaced when a player's last Hero dies. I just want to make sure I have this right. So if three people are playing (2 Heroes, 1 Zombie), and a player has one of their Heroes killed, there are effectively now only three Heroes in the game?

Correct. Unless you play with the dot rule "Hero Replenish". To keep things balanced, it is suggested you also play with "Always Zombie Heroes" (with the same dot cost). As I recall, the dot rules are introduced in the expansion Growing Hunger.
Alright. Thank you kindly!
Neg. You can't play just a scratch after I feel kind of strange.

"You take a wound, do you prevent it?"

If you choose yes NOW, it never happens and the card can't be played since the restrictions for I feel kind of strange states wounded and you weren't.

If you choose no, the wound happens and is officially past the point to prevent it. You can't prevent a wound that happened 10 rounds ago, can you? No, you just heal it up.

As far as the second part, honestly in Timber Peak they officially come out and say "Basically you have 4 heroes at all times". You ALWAYS play heroes replenshi/zombie heroes. It makes more sense that way. (Though to be fair, I've never played a game where I had two heroes... Always 5+ games)
Ahh. Makes sense. Tried a "Heroes stay dead" game today and it got ugly real quick.
(12-26-2012 03:28 AM)Orguss Wrote: [ -> ]Neg. You can't play just a scratch after I feel kind of strange.

Missed the order of cards played...

Orguss' right. However, you should now save your Just a Scratch (and use it when the 'strange' Hero takes a wound) untill you find a way of getting rid of the I Feel Kinda Strange card...
Everybody filled in the answers quite nicely, so I will basically just confirm that I agree. ;-)

Once "I feel kind of strange" has been played on a hero, it remains in play unless you can cancel it. So, in your example:

The hero is wounded. The Zombie Player then plays "I feel kind of strange." Later, that hero is about to take another wound... but they play "Just a scratch" to prevent it. That wound now did not happen, so they are still safe, and are still NOT a Zombie Hero, but "I feel kind of strange" is still in place, so they would still instantly become a Zombie Hero if they take another wound.

Also, say for example...

The hero is wounded. The Zombie Player then plays "I feel kind of strange." Then, later you use a card to heal one wound from that hero character, or even heal all of their wounds... This still does not remove "I feel kind of strange." It is still in play, meaning they would still become a zombie hero if they are wounded one more time. So, you'd probably not want to bother to heal that hero unless you can get that card cancelled somehow.
Reference URL's