TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Growing Hunger question - Plague Carriers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, as has been the case with many of my questions, I think I know the answer to this myself, but I am just not 100% sure.

In the "Plague Carriers" scenario that comes with Growing Hunger, the 7 red zombies are the "Plague Carriers." They are not allowed to move except as result of Zombie Hunger, however they are effected by Zombie Hunger from up to two spaces away instead of just one.

So...

Does that mean if they are two spaces away from a hero, they immediately move two spaces to wind up in the same space as the hero? Or do they still only move one space at a time, but merely zombie hunger causes them to move toward the hero?

I'm assuming that means they would move the two spaces, but I was not 100% sure, so I thought I would clarify.
This was the first game we played from GH, we assumed and also they were effected from 2 squares away, but the zombies carriers only moved 1 square.
Our interpretation is that they still only move one square as well. It's just that they are SUPER hungry so they smell brains from a little further away.

The Hero team can definitely use this to their advantage, if someone is willing to play decoy. Amanda (given the right weapon), is a good candidate because of her Hide/Self-Healing abilities. Billy also has that extra movement ability alongside his self-healing.
One square movement but some really hungry zombies.
(01-01-2013 05:41 AM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]One square movement but some really hungry zombies.

Plague Carriers simply explained.
(01-01-2013 05:41 AM)alderdust Wrote: [ -> ]One square movement but some really hungry zombies.

Concur as well. Although as a hero, I find this the key to enhancing the chances of winning!! The old "bait, lure them out and ranged weapons play"... never tire of it.

Love this scenario - one of my favourites.
(01-02-2013 01:26 AM)ForestRunner Wrote: [ -> ]

Concur as well. Although as a hero, I find this the key to enhancing the chances of winning!! The old "bait, lure them out and ranged weapons play"... never tire of it.

Agreed! Love forcing em to follow, and then blow em away.
(01-02-2013 01:26 AM)ForestRunner Wrote: [ -> ]

My sentiments exactly. That's why, as a ZP, you'll never want to place these guys in the front line but keep em in the back covered by your regular zeds.
Awesome! Thanks, everybody, for the clarification. That is good to know, because I would honestly have assumed the opposite. Glad I was able to confirm before getting a chance to try this one.

So, good to know. They still move only one space at a time (and only because of Zombie Hunger), but just happen to be VERY hungry and can therefore smell the humans from up to two spaces away.
Oh StayPuft, it's also interesting for the Zombie player. Strategy changes quite a bit, but I'll leave that up to you to discover (wink).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's