TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Chronological order of the Expansions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anybody please refresh my memory as to the chronological order of the expansions? It seems like a few of them came out within the same year, so I was kind of confused as to which came first.

I know Growing Hunger was the very first expansion. Which one came after that? What was the order in which they all came out?

When I next pick up one of the expansions, I was kind of hoping to make the next one I get be the Hero Pack 1. However, does it require you have Survival of the Fittest first? In other words, I know it comes with some new cards and a new scenario... does any of that require having Survival of the Fittest, or can you get Hero Pack 1 first?
If I recall it went something like this:

Stock Up Supplement (2007)
Revenge of the Dead Supplement (2008)
Growing Hunger (2008)
Zombie Pillage Supplement (2009)
Radioactive Grave Dead Supplement (2009)
Survival of the Fittest (2010)
Hero Pack One (2010)
Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set (2010)
Advanced Abilities Supplement (2010)
Timber Peak Stand-Alone Expansions (2012)

(01-04-2013 09:37 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]When I next pick up one of the expansions, I was kind of hoping to make the next one I get be the Hero Pack 1. However, does it require you have Survival of the Fittest first? In other words, I know it comes with some new cards and a new scenario... does any of that require having Survival of the Fittest, or can you get Hero Pack 1 first?

Do you own Growing Hunger? Are you tired of the current Heroes or do you want to expand the game mechanics? If you are still enjoying the game and don't need to introduce new elements get hero pack one. Survival adds a lot of new elements and it can be overwhelming at first.
^This is helpful. Watchmen02
AWESOME! Thanks, LSD! That was a big help.

(01-04-2013 10:03 PM)LSD Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2013 09:37 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]When I next pick up one of the expansions, I was kind of hoping to make the next one I get be the Hero Pack 1. However, does it require you have Survival of the Fittest first? In other words, I know it comes with some new cards and a new scenario... does any of that require having Survival of the Fittest, or can you get Hero Pack 1 first?

Do you own Growing Hunger? Are you tired of the current Heroes or do you want to expand the game mechanics? If you are still enjoying the game and don't need to introduce new elements get hero pack one. Survival adds a lot of new elements and it can be overwhelming at first.

Actually, I just got Growing Hunger for Christmas. So, I'm not currently tired of anything. ;-) LOL! (Actually, I don't think I could EVER get tired of this game.) But, I just ask because I want to be prepared for when I next get an expansion.

As it is, it sounds like you are confirming for me what I am thinking I want to do next anyway. When I next get an expansion, I'm thinking I want it to be smaller and not change the game that much this time around. I just got Growing Hunger, which adds quite a bit of cool new stuff to the game. So, even though my next expansion probably won't be until maybe my birthday again in June, I'd rather get one of the smaller ones that time rather than add a whole bunch all over again.

So, sounds like I will be going with Hero Pack 1. Are you supposed to have Survival of the Fittest before Hero Pack 1, though? In other words, do any of the cards and/or the scenario included require anything that SOTF added, or am I okay to get Hero Pack 1 next with just the base game, Growing Hunger, and a few of the Web Supplements?
I did a list of all available scenarios.Zombie17

Last Night on Earth
1 Die Zombies Die! (2007)
2 Escape in the Truck (2007)
3 Save the Townsfolk (2007)
4 Defend the Manor House (2007)
5 Burn 'em Out! (2007)
Growing Hunger
6 Zombie Apocalypse (2007)
7 Burn it to the Ground! (2007)
8 Plague Carriers (2007)
Web Exclusives
9 Stock Up! (2007)
10 Revenge of the Dead (2007 on card 2008 on rules sheet)
11 Zombie Pillage (2009)
12 It Fell From the Sky (2009)
Free Downloads
13 We've Got to go Back! (2007)
14 All Hallows Eve (2007)
15 Run for It! (2009)
16 All Hallows Eve II (2010)
17 Darkest Night (2012)
Hero Pack 1
18 Hunt for Survivors (2009)
Survival of the Fittest
19 Rescue Mission (2009)
20 Search for the Truth (2009)
21 Hunker Down (2009)
22 Supply Run (2009)
Timber Peak
23 Learn to Survive (2012)
24 Mountain of the Dead (2012)
25 Blow Up the Town (2012)
26 Radio for Help (2012)

Hope this helps
(01-07-2013 09:38 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]AWESOME! Thanks, LSD! That was a big help.

(01-04-2013 10:03 PM)LSD Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, I just got Growing Hunger for Christmas. So, I'm not currently tired of anything. ;-) LOL! (Actually, I don't think I could EVER get tired of this game.) But, I just ask because I want to be prepared for when I next get an expansion.

As it is, it sounds like you are confirming for me what I am thinking I want to do next anyway. When I next get an expansion, I'm thinking I want it to be smaller and not change the game that much this time around. I just got Growing Hunger, which adds quite a bit of cool new stuff to the game. So, even though my next expansion probably won't be until maybe my birthday again in June, I'd rather get one of the smaller ones that time rather than add a whole bunch all over again.

So, sounds like I will be going with Hero Pack 1. Are you supposed to have Survival of the Fittest before Hero Pack 1, though? In other words, do any of the cards and/or the scenario included require anything that SOTF added, or am I okay to get Hero Pack 1 next with just the base game, Growing Hunger, and a few of the Web Supplements?

I'd save "SOTF" till last, get the Hero pack and the web scenarios to add more zombie/hero cards till then.
(01-07-2013 10:04 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]I did a list of all available scenarios.Zombie17

Last Night on Earth
1 Die Zombies Die! (2007)
2 Escape in the Truck (2007)
3 Save the Townsfolk (2007)
4 Defend the Manor House (2007)
5 Burn 'em Out! (2007)
Growing Hunger
6 Zombie Apocalypse (2007)
7 Burn it to the Ground! (2007)
8 Plague Carriers (2007)
Web Exclusives
9 Stock Up! (2007)
10 Revenge of the Dead (2007 on card 2008 on rules sheet)
11 Zombie Pillage (2009)
12 It Fell From the Sky (2009)
Free Downloads
13 We've Got to go Back! (2007)
14 All Hallows Eve (2007)
15 Run for It! (2009)
16 All Hallows Eve II (2010)
17 Darkest Night (2012)
Hero Pack 1
18 Hunt for Survivors (2009)
Survival of the Fittest
19 Rescue Mission (2009)
20 Search for the Truth (2009)
21 Hunker Down (2009)
22 Supply Run (2009)
Timber Peak
23 Learn to Survive (2012)
24 Mountain of the Dead (2012)
25 Blow Up the Town (2012)
26 Radio for Help (2012)

Hope this helps

Awesome. Watchmen02

After Growing Hunger, I may go straight for Survival of the Fittest. I think I should get all of the major expansions first (excluding Timber Peak, which I plan to get last), as soon as I can, then move on to the smaller expansions and supplements.
Samurai, that is awesome! Thanks for adding that. Cool to see a list of all available scenarios.

I love how we have two completely different perspectives in this thread! There is no right or wrong way, just what is right or wrong for you personally. ;-)

On the one hand, my plan is to do what LSD is suggesting. I want to get Survival of the Fittest last (of the ones before Timber Peak, anyway) because I just got Growing Hunger. So, when I next expand on my game, I don't want to add quite as much new stuff, because then that way I can look forward to the bigger expansion again, rather than getting all of the big ones out of the way and then just having the smaller ones to get.

On the other hand, a lot of folks are just like Rullys and instead like to collect the big ones first. Absolutely nothing wrong with that either. ;-) But, I think it is really cool that we can share our own perspectives here, to help out anybody who may be on the fence as to what order they want to use.
Reference URL's