TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello chaps! A 30 yo who just ordered LNOE, looks like a fun game to play with some friends. Here's hoping it lives up to my expectations Watchmen02 I'm going to create some custom characters based on my friends for the first time we play. Nothing like making things a bit personal...
Welcome to TZG,nice idea on the custom characters.

OD
Thanks! The idea is to surprise them with LNOE after we lose a game of Pandemic, letting them play themselves in the aftermath of their failed previous game. Because we all know Pandemic has to include a zombie outbreak...
Hahaha that's a fantastic idea..just play with all 6 epidemic cards and you should be all set! And I guarantee this game will live up to your expecations...and if I can give a piece of advice start with the scenario Get To The Truck, even though the rules suggest you play Die! Zombie DIE! It's a very simple scenario that will incorporate all of the rules..which are pretty simple once you start playing! Happy gaming Sierra!

Welcome to the boards
Greetings sierra,

That's a cool way to introduce the game to them. I take it you're going to be the Zombies and feed on their pitiful brains?
Thanks guys,

Yeah, Die! Zombie DIE! didn't look very interesting so we'll probably just draw something random, or go for Get To The Truck as you suggest it's a one is good to start with. Is it possible to tie the scenarios together story wise as taking place on the same location, or would that be difficult to make sense? If it's possible Get To The Truck sounds more like a last finale, where they can make their escape.

And my intention is very much to gnaw on their pretty skulls! Really looking forward to getting this going, just waiting for the game to arrive so I can learn the ropes and prep their characters. What's the music like that comes with the game?

Might take this one step further, and begin the evening with watching a zombie flick and jokingly say that's what we're fighting to prevent as we start up Pandemic. Could add to the effect of surprise-LNOE, and make for a nice themed evening.
Jeeze I wish I had a friend like you! Sounds like an awesome night. I personally wouldn't want to try and combine the two because DZD is more about just killing Zombies..once they kill 15 they win. GttT is about searching for keys and gasoline and then leaving! You'll kill plenty of zombies on your adventure to get the keys and gasoline..so combining them is kind of weird. You could just play DZD then GttT one after the other but don't have the heroes recover wounds or something..you might be in for around 4 hours of gaming if it's your first time though! Whatever you decide to do just remember to gnaw on some breather flesh for me Zombie22
Welcome!

I've had similar thoughts - in terms of creating custom cards for our playing group. With just the right touch of vanity...and sarcasm. I don't have photoshop so I haven't moved forward on it yet. Soooooooooooooooomeday!
Ah yes I wasn't very clear with what I had in mind. I don't want to try and combine two scenarios, but rather play them in an order that makes sense. Is there some kind of logical sequence to play the scenarios in? Like, Get To The Truck sounds like a scenario where you get out of Dodge, so it would make sense to have as the last scenario you play. If one would turn it into a campaign with some kind of narrative tying the scenarios together.

And Kassle, if you don't have Photoshop maybe Gimp could be an option?
Greetings and welcome to TZG

Sounds like you have a great evening planned. And don't forget to share your custom stuff. Zombie03
Reference URL's