TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Meat Clever vs Rotten Bodies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if these are clarified some where, but I have had no luck finding them.

1.Here's the scenario, hero rolls six with the clever, but the zombie player rolls six with Rotten Bodies. What is the outcome?

2. Four zombies in a space with two heros, the first fight changes a hero into a zombie hero. Does the second hero fight the zombie hero?

3. Can lights out be played on the Manor? If so, is it split into rooms or one building?

4. If a hero player draws a new hero mid-game during the hero turn, does the new hero immediately get a turn?

5. What is the rule of thumb for drawing scenario search items during set-up and where is it written? I know I have seen a suggestion for this somewhere.
I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1. Rotten Bodies will prevent the zombies from being killed. I feel confident about that.

2. I'm not sure, but if this situation took place during my game, I'd say yes. Until I find a ruling on it.

3. Yes. I believe it will affect the whole house.

4. Yes, I believe, but I'm not 100% sure. If the hero starts in the center board he/she will also start with a card.

5. Don't remember where it's written, but I do remember the rule: If a scenario card/s is drawn during game set-up, it is shuffled back into the deck and a new card is drawn. If that card also happens to be a scenario card, it may be kept.

Hope this helps. Watchmen02
1: The 6 on the cleaver is an "instantly killed". The zombie's roll/cards played don't matter (except for prevent wound/kill cards). ( http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....tly_Killed )
2: When a new Hero or Zombie Hero enters play during the game (usually the result of a Hero being killed during the Sun Track Black Zone or when a player loses their last Hero), they are placed immediately, but do not participate in the current phase of the turn. After the current phase is over, the model acts normally for the rest of the game. ( http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....%26_Eratta )
3: YES! It's bad for the heroes. ( http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....Lights_Out )
4: Answered by same FAQ as #2.
5: This is a house rule. In my group, we don't allow it. We redraw, then shuffle any discard back in.
Thanks guys! I am teaching the game to a new group. Getting in a ton of play, but so far I am the only one reading rules, so conflicts arise. This is how I thought it was all played, just wanted confirmation.
A couple others have answered, so I will just confirm what I believe to be the correct answers:

1.Here's the scenario, hero rolls six with the clever, but the zombie player rolls six with Rotten Bodies. What is the outcome?

Well, if I remember correctly, isn't "Rotten Bodies" the card where you roll a D6 and have to remove that number of zombies from the board? If I am correct, then that card states "Until the start of the next Zombie Turn, no Zombie may be billed in any way." So, as long as the zombie player used this card BEFORE the clever was used, if I am correct, I believe that would prevent the zombie from being killed for that round. The number the zombie player rolled wouldn't make a difference.

However, due to the rules behind something being "Instantly Killed" you couldn't then decide to play Rotten Bodies to avoid being killed. You would have had to already play it.

2. Four zombies in a space with two heros, the first fight changes a hero into a zombie hero. Does the second hero fight the zombie hero?

As mqstout mentioned, no the Zombie Hero would not do ANYTHING until the next round, so the remaining hero would not have to fight them.

In case you were curious, the remaining hero would also not have to fight any additional zombies the first hero died before he/she could fight. In other words... say there are two heroes in the space with four zombies for a fight. Hero 1 is then set to fight Zombie A and Zombie B while Hero 2 fights Zombie C and Zombie D. Zombie A winds up killing Hero 1 before Zombie B even gets a chance to fight. Zombie B now no longer gets a fight that round. The other hero does not have to fight it. He/she still only fights Zombie C and Zombie D. Make sense?

3. Can lights out be played on the Manor? If so, is it split into rooms or one building?

That one, I couldn't remember, so thanks for sharing the official Wiki answer, mqstout. ;-)

4. If a hero player draws a new hero mid-game during the hero turn, does the new hero immediately get a turn?

Again, as mqstout mentioned, they get a hero card, but they do not do anything until the next hero turn.

5. What is the rule of thumb for drawing scenario search items during set-up and where is it written? I know I have seen a suggestion for this somewhere.

Actually, I don't think the necessarily was an official rule on this one. It is just the luck of the draw. But, somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

As it is, it is kind of up to you and your group. Personally, we've played it either way depending upon our current whim. Luckily, that hasn't happened too often thus far, though.
Good catch, staypuft, on rotten bodies. I hadn't read that far into the question on the rotten bodies. RB is "play immediately" so you'd know it was out there.
(01-11-2013 05:35 AM)xraine69 Wrote: [ -> ]1.Here's the scenario, hero rolls six with the clever, but the zombie player rolls six with Rotten Bodies. What is the outcome?

Rotten Bodies over rules Instantly Killed. The Zombie lives.

All the next questions I have found official answers for from Jason C. Hill and the TP Rulebook

'The Zombie/Hero pairings are decided on first, then each of them is resolved. If a Hero dies before all of their Fights are complete, the remaining Zombies that Hero was supposed to Fight do not fight anyone (they spend the time feeding on the dead Hero).'

'Lights Out' MAY be played on the Manor House because it is a Building (even though it may not be chosen for a Random Building).'

If it's the Hero turn. Yes the new Hero gets their Turn. See the last line in brackets.

'Heroes placed during the game use the rules in the LNOE Rulebook (you have the option of starting in a Random Building, or the Center of Town with a free Hero card. This free card is in addition to any other cards you would start with based on abilities or Scenario Special Rules. This even applies in Scenarios where you don't start in the center if your Start Location is not on the board (such as 'Burn it to the Ground!').

As for bringing on new Heroes, this works exactly like bringing on a new Hero when your last Hero dies. They are placed immediately on the board, but do not take part in the current phase of the Turn. After that they act normally (If it is the Hero Turn, they DO still get to go this turn).'

It's shuffled back in the deck.

Official answer from Timber Peak Rulebook p.17

'Occasionally Heroes will get one or more of the Scenario Search Items for the Scenario in their starting Cards (for not having their Start Location on the board, etc). If a Hero gets a Scenario Search Item (or a card that lets them take a Scenario Search Item from the deck such as Hopeful Discovery) in their starting cards, they must shuffle it back into the deck and draw again. If one of them is drawn a second time as part of the re-draw, the Hero may keep it as normal.'
Thanks for chiming in, Samuria! I never knew there actually was an official ruling for drawing a scenario search item right away. I see that came from Timber Peak, though. So, does that mean they never officially put something in the rulebooks until Timber Peak?

This is another one I can definitely personally see going either way. On the one hand, that does kind of give the hero players a bit of a quick advantage. On the other hand, it is the luck of the draw. Heck, what if the hero players didn't get any starting cards? Then the item they needed would have been near the top of the deck anyway?

Or, what if they do get starting cards, none of them are the scenario search items, but then one of the very first cards they find as part of the gameplay is? So, it is kind of the luck of the draw. So, I could see allowing it. Not to mention it doesn't necessarily guarantee victory. Though, I think it is a good practice to shuffle them back in that case, just to make them game a little more sporting.
(01-14-2013 08:46 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]So, does that mean they never officially put something in the rulebooks until Timber Peak?

On p. 9 of the SotF rulebook under New Optional Rules It basically tells you can choose to shuffle the Scenario Search Item back into the deck. In Timber Peak the rules are updated so that you must shuffle it back into the deck.
Cool. Thanks. Good to know. I don't yet have either of those, so that is why I hadn't seen that yet. ;-)
Reference URL's